Fitting Map lights into GL? Possible? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2004, 06:54   #1 (permalink)
GUN.40L

Fitting Map lights into GL? Possible?

I got the two rear reading lights that fit into the rood of the car for the rear passengers today, stil lhunting for the one in the moiddle with the spot lights. anyway my question is, is it possible to fit these into a gl? i have an EbII. has anyone done a tutorial for this? Can you hook the rear ones to simply any power source for the "on" position and to the main centre light for the "door" position if u want them on with the centre ones? Im planning on fitting these when i take my roof lining out to fix the sag in that. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2004, 17:34   #2 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

Re: Fitting Map lights into GL? Possible?

I don't see why you can't. Falcon S and the XR range had them as well as the upmarket versions. Don't know of any tutorial on those, but from what I've heard, the wiring should already be in place.
Old 04-22-2004, 17:58   #3 (permalink)
Proudly Average

wiring may not be in place, but it's hell easy to do - i didn't actualy fit the rear lights to mine, so i'm not sure how they interact with the headlining and what sort of hole you have to cut. make sure you also get the footwell lights
.020 over 351 Clevo, 10:1 comp, ported 302 heads, blueprinted and balanced, custom ground cam, Edelbrock intake, 600 Holley, K&N air filter, Custom Zip-Ties(tm), MSD ignition, Genie extractors, 2 x 2.5" exhaust, 2800rpm stally, rooted C4
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 18:00   #4 (permalink)
Proudly Average

and also - while the roof lining is out, measure up to fit the 3 passenger's grab handles... much easier when you get get a fix on where the mounting points are before the head lining goes back on, otherwise you start stabbing screws through the roof of the car...
.020 over 351 Clevo, 10:1 comp, ported 302 heads, blueprinted and balanced, custom ground cam, Edelbrock intake, 600 Holley, K&N air filter, Custom Zip-Ties(tm), MSD ignition, Genie extractors, 2 x 2.5" exhaust, 2800rpm stally, rooted C4
Old 04-23-2004, 02:20   #5 (permalink)
wants a manual!

the wiring is not there. ive looked into this you could just cut the extra holes in your hoodlining. ive got the loom if you want it, i was going to do it to my car. the grab handles wont go in as there is no holes there for it. however this is refering to EA II, they might be there for EB II
John_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 23:34   #6 (permalink)
Proudly Average

my EAII GL had mounting points for the grab handles... i'd have thought all EA's would, because ghia's/s/gl's all share the same body
Old 04-24-2004, 03:44   #7 (permalink)
wants a manual!

maybe i didnt look properly, it was a while ago i was thinking of doing this.
Old 04-25-2004, 00:41   #8 (permalink)
Roll, Crash and Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSnakeEA
my EAII GL had mounting points for the grab handles... i'd have thought all EA's would, because ghia's/s/gl's all share the same body
Yeah so did mine.

AMBROSE CHAMPION AGAIN IN 2004
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 03:07   #9 (permalink)
GUN.40L

Thanks John_XR6, the loom would be great, where do u live and how much? My car is an EbII and it already has those grab handles, haha take a step back fellas i mean the wiring up sounds logic, i was just wondering if theres anything i should watch out for, i took them out of an eb fairmont, what i did is pull the wiring from one side and got both wires hooked up together still, so i have the loom for the two back lights but not for the back ones and middle one together. thanks for your replys guys
Old 04-25-2004, 17:35   #10 (permalink)
wants a manual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSXR8
Thanks John_XR6, the loom would be great, where do u live and how much? My car is an EbII and it already has those grab handles, haha take a step back fellas i mean the wiring up sounds logic, i was just wondering if theres anything i should watch out for, i took them out of an eb fairmont, what i did is pull the wiring from one side and got both wires hooked up together still, so i have the loom for the two back lights but not for the back ones and middle one together. thanks for your replys guys
i live in Eltham, Victoria you can have them for free. just PM me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU