Focus - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2006, 14:22   #1 (permalink)

Focus

My 2003 reg focus estate runs out of warranty on the 12th of Sept. We had an ignition coil pack replaced when the car wouldn't start under warranty a couple of weeks ago. We are still having difficulty starting and the engine management system light has come on. We brought the car back to the main dealer who checked the coil pack but checked the ECU and found no logged fault, but did say if the coil pack was faulty then the Cat converter may fail. They will not replace any item unless the ECU tells them so, surely this isn't how all mechanics work?

We have demanded to have the ignition coil replacement logged onto our warranty book as a receipt (if its not in writing it doesnt count in my book) -- as currently its in fords OASIS system, which does us no good- the dealer just mumbled. My wife is going to bring it back to the dealer tomorrow- as she wasn't happy.. I certainly understand they would replace cheapest parts first and probably cant replace something expensive on the off chance. But the problem isn't sorted if the car is hard to start and we are having the EM light go on (but not stay on). What's the best way forward any idea what may be up-- They main dealer has said if we have logged the repair (coil pack) and it not fixed then its still covered-- but I bet he won't write that down.

Any advice- I am uk based by the advice should apply
quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2006, 19:31   #2 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Re: Focus

You need to tell that dealer to fix it right! If the CEL came on, the there is a code stored in the system! Even if the light goes out, the code is still there.

If they don't help you, then at least get a scan and post the code here.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU