Focus having problumes when outside temp is hot - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2003, 13:41   #1 (permalink)
firefighter110

Question Focus having problumes when outside temp is hot

My wife has a 2000 focus and lately if the weather is hot out when she is driving it will die. It can be restarted quickly but it will die multiple times. It will tend to run rough as well when it has this problem. Night driving or early morning is not a problem.

We have replaced everything that has anything to do with the fuel system and it did no good.

Any suggestions would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2003, 01:33   #2 (permalink)

Re: Focus having problumes when outside temp is hot

How's the air filter, is it clogged?
Old 09-03-2003, 05:49   #3 (permalink)
firefighter110

New filter

It has a new air filter and fule filter
Old 09-03-2003, 06:08   #4 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Re: Focus having problumes when outside temp is hot

Sounds like vapour lock; have any fuel lines been moved or replaced? Try cooling the fuel lines in the engine bay with damp rags next time it happens and see if it fixes it.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:36   #5 (permalink)
flick6nine

Thumbs down same thing here

This sint your problem! IT has happened to MANY MANY PEOPLE!!! I have had my car stall out several times and it spuuters constantly! There is a lawsuit against FORD for this exact problem. Look up online the National Highway Safety and transportation Board. I joined a lawsuit against Ford for this very problem. Ther definatly is a preoblem with these cars cause so many have had the problem and there is no explaination for it. I have had my car to the dealership 3 X and still nothing is found wrong with it, they only wana charge me $85 each time I bring it in....thats all i get out if it! Is a empty wallet and the problems still persist! I have been thru it with the dealership... i have even contacted corporate Ford about this problem and they just BLEW ME OFF LIKE NOTHING WAS WRONG! So now... I will let the lawyers handle it. If you do a search on cnn. com you can find many articles about this perticular problem and all the people it has happened to. So dont feel bad! Feel free to contact me at flick6nine@hotmail if you would like to talk more about this!
Old 09-29-2003, 07:56   #6 (permalink)
firefighter110

Lightbulb Re: Focus having problumes when outside temp is hot

Flick6nine
Thank you. Your reply has helped. Can you tell me whom I need to contact to join this lawsuit? We currently have presented what you led me to on the NTSB site and they are doing the usual of trying to side step it. If you have any other suggestions please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU