Ford Forums banner

Full beam problems

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  X.treme.F.ury 
#1 ·
Heyall,

With my fairmont ghia, if I run with my full beams on for a while, after a certain amount of time, the lights will flicker all over the place, the dash likes would flicker like mad etc, to fix it, I have to turn off the main lights then turn them on again, not too good when you are out bush doing 100kmh. ;)

Any ideas as to what this would be ?

Also the hazard lights don't work, and if I have the hazard light button pressed it, the indicators won't work either. :(

Thanks heaps everyone. :D

#3 ·
There is a medium dize metal thing unde the bonnet with either BIG yellow or BIG pink and white wires running in and out of it, its a breaker and is causing the problem, replace it, or i was naughty and soldered across the terminals solved the problem.

Jason

#5 ·
I dont have a pic, but it will be located drivers side in the engine bay, near the overflow tank area usually, (Trace the relay wires for the lights) t will make sense when you find it , really it will :0)

Jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.