Ford Forums banner

Fusion E-Brake Indicator Light Problem

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  R.S.LOGAN 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and am excited to peruse the different sections and see what information I can learn from it all. Currently, I am facing a bit of an issue, though. I moved out to California (from Oklahoma) for the summer and have been using my parking brake a good deal. One day I pulled it back to engage it and after 3 seconds of being engaged it flung down to its resting, disengaged position and made a loud noise while doing so. I believe the cause was that I used to pull back the brake lever while pressing in the release button on the end because I didn't know it pulled back on its own. Now, the parking brake indicator light won't turn off and the warning sound for the parking brake goes off for several minutes before turning off. The light won't go off and my cruise control no longer functions. I can press the cruise control "on" button and this registers in the dash, but it will not allow me to activate it. My main concern right now is to have my cruise control working for my 22 hour drive back to OK coming soon, but I plan on eventually fixing the whole of the problem.

I have a 2010 Fusion Sport.

Any suggestions as to what may be the actual problem from a mechanical standpoint and what I should do to fix it?

See less See more
#3 ·
I plan on popping off the console tomorrow. How difficult is it to replace the switch and is it advised to do so? I have been looking for the part online but haven't had much success. I would think it couldn't be too difficult to replace once I find the switch and correct part number.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.