Ford Forums banner

Getting the Snipper button back in!

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  kingy 
#1 ·
ok i have taken this door lock thing off an ef and my eb and i can never seem to get them to go back in all the way? i even tried cutting the base off one of them but it still sits a few mm above the trim when the door is locked! it really bugs me. Anyway of overcoming this?

Cheers.

#3 ·
Best way i've found is to make sure that the little sleeve in the snipper cover is fully out - use a pair of needle nose pliers and pull. Have the door closed, lock the doors, maneuver the sleeve over the rod and push down hard. Works like a charm for me

#4 ·
oh ok so your saying put the clear plastic part on seperatley and then the actual cover over that? thanks guys.

#5 ·
Actually the plastic bit in the snipper cover is connected to it from within. What you need to do is to pull it out as far as you can - without breaking it, until you're able to place the jaws of the plastic bit over the snipper rod, close the door and press down until it fits into place

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.