Good news! ebII and ed gl owners!With low series cluster! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2004, 00:02   #1 (permalink)
GUN.40L

Good news! ebII and ed gl owners!With low series cluster!

ok fellas i put in the mid sereis cluster today in my ebII. looking around for the pink wire near the brake booster was a worry becasue i couldnt find it! all the wires are wrapped in black conduit. so i traced down the coil and said ill run it straight form there..

then i thought i may as well install the cluster first and see what happens. so i did so, tunred on the car AND WHATTAYA KNOW! the rev tacho works!!!! as a matter of fact EVERYTHING worked!!! except the washer light stayed lit as you need the sensor and you need to change the oil sensor too. but the volts and everything else worked fine. im guessing in this sereis they pre connected everything.

so if you want to do this mod to your ebii or ed there is NO extra wiring necessary... (unless my car was a gift from god!)

another thing was i got a dash with out the smart lock with it. when u take your gl cluster out you will see the smart lock has its own little loom so i disconnected that, ripped apart my low series dash and took the l.e.d out of it, cut a little whole in the mid sereis dash and also cut the little "smat lock" thing that lights up on the old one and put it in the new one and now thank god it works fine!! very hard to explain what i did there but it works now hehe. although i do recomend you just by one with smart lock already in it saves ALOT of time!!

i also wired up another l.e.d from the existing one and put it in the centre dash near the rear demister button so now i have two flashing l.e.d's extra "security". in the end it was all worth the effort.
BOSXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2004, 06:13   #2 (permalink)
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe

Re: Good news! ebII and ed gl owners!With low series cluster!

flashing led's? for security? i dont even have stickers about my alarm on my car, and i told the guy putting it in, i dont want the led.. but he said i need it to see which circuit if any has been set off, it just tells the losers that its got an alarm, and they try harder to get into it....

u bang the bootlid, or rear bumper, and it sets off, its mad......

but every time dad or my uncles go past my car, the set it off.... its kina a pay back for the times i done it to my uncle, and dad justdoes it to see how quick i turn it off... hmmmm...

XE Fairmont Ghia... Silver/Grey Met over black, soon to be v8, cant wait till i get another v8, after 3 LONG HARD YEARS

http://home.iprimus.com.au/diablo_vt/xeesp.swf
MaD_WoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 21:10   #3 (permalink)
GUN.40L

well it did save me once. in my pulsar i had a dummy l.e.d that just flashes, it was parked at work right next to my mates pulsar, exact same car, he has no alarm or anything to show for one, they tried breaking into both doors on his car and they didnt come near my car and they both look pretty much the same. id prefer them see the warning and back off then to damage the car, be suprised then run off, it works most of the time. change the sensor settings on your alarm if you can so it isnt so sensitive
Old 04-03-2004, 00:50   #4 (permalink)

have the ed fairmonts got led readout on dash? (or is it ghia and fairlane/ltd??)
reckon it will go stright into the ed gl?
THELTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU