Grand Marquis dome light and headlight problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2007, 06:41   #1 (permalink)

Grand Marquis dome light and headlight problems

I posted this in the Crown Vic/ Grand Marquis section as well. I tried the wd-40 trick from the outside but no luck it turning the dome light off (this is a 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis). The problem just showed up this week after I replaced the two rear window regulators over the weekend.

My auto shut-off for the headlights is also acting up but am not sure these are related. The headlights will turn off after I use the key fob to lock the doors. I read somewhere that someone was having this problem with the dome light and changed the battery and the problem went away. Could that be the issue for the dome light and headlights?
csasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2007, 07:56   #2 (permalink)

Re: Grand Marquis dome light and headlight problems

I had the exact same problem with my 97 GM for all the dome lights (not the headlights) and all I did was replace the battery in my keyless remote and the problem was resolved. Replacing the battery in the remote would be a good start point.
wells146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 11:49   #3 (permalink)

Re: Grand Marquis dome light and headlight problems

I have a 99 grand marquis and the dome light and footwell lights are constantly on. The door ajar chime is not on, so I doubt it's a stuck door sensor, I have replaced the light control module and it's still on constantly. I have no clue how a battery in the keyless entry could affect this, but I'll try that as well. Any other help would be greatly appreciated.
todrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU