Head light mods - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2004, 03:42   #1 (permalink)
Formerly: SmokeEA

Head light mods

Okay, with my Fairmont, i want to go for something different in the way of mod, the make it more personal. I've been thinking along the lines of modifying the headlights like MADNC8 has. What i would like to know from everyone else, is do you have any other possible better suggestinos and i also am curious to know if such a modifaction is possible, given the difference between LWB and SWB head light mounts, sizes etc...

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2004, 03:59   #2 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

Re: Head light mods

ed xr headlights if your feeling rich?
Old 06-22-2004, 04:06   #3 (permalink)
Formerly: SmokeEA

No no, not like that Karl, i mean something really different, the example being BMW lights. I want it to be really different.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:18   #4 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

put fibre glass lips on top of ya lights like ricers have!
there was at thread somewhere where a guy photoshopped it onto an ea afik in the photoshop forum

Mods to come: 2.5'' lukey cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator and 1 straight thru muffler, EF cam, Clear indicatros all round, AU3 XR snorkel, 17" Keizzer rims, EDxr front,12"sub,sports wheel

In Progress: EF door trims

Pics Here: www.edwagon.tk
mad_ea_spac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 04:24   #5 (permalink)
No longer around

if your feeling really adventurous, the mercedes E180(i think) van headlights are almost the correct shape, and feature a clear lens.

im going to attempt to fit these to my EA when i get it.

i would hate to imagine the price though.....!!

the BMW headlights barely fitted into the NC, and thats with about a foot more room than in a SWB front end. i was also lucky in that both the BMW and teh original lights are square ended, not curved like the EB lights.

that said.......prove me wrong! i reckon the 2000 model 3 series lights would come close to being the similar profile of the opening in the bonnet....

another note... i can get lights for me for free or next to it (teh joys of working in a headlight factory......) unfortunatley im unable to get lights for others......
MADNC_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 04:26   #6 (permalink)
.au member

I'm surprised noone has suggested BA lights yet?
Old 06-22-2004, 04:36   #7 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

ba lights wouldn't look bad but it'd be a little bit of work and if the xr lights are used the bumper will need to be cut and welded too

Mods to come: 2.5'' lukey cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator and 1 straight thru muffler, EF cam, Clear indicatros all round, AU3 XR snorkel, 17" Keizzer rims, EDxr front,12"sub,sports wheel

In Progress: EF door trims

Pics Here: www.edwagon.tk
mad_ea_spac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 04:40   #8 (permalink)
No longer around

BA lights.....um......wanna fully change the front panels???.......

the BA lights are curved, almost as much as the AU ones, and the blinker...althoguh it doesnt really look like it.... wraps around....
i might stick a BA light in the headlight hole of the EA when its here and see how it does infact look tho.............if for nothing else but to settle teh argument of how it'd look
Old 06-22-2004, 05:31   #9 (permalink)
D.T.A

Thumbs up Re: Head light mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
BA lights.....um......wanna fully change the front panels???.......

the BA lights are curved, almost as much as the AU ones, and the blinker...althoguh it doesnt really look like it.... wraps around....
i might stick a BA light in the headlight hole of the EA when its here and see how it does infact look tho.............if for nothing else but to settle teh argument of how it'd look
Just be sure to take a pic to shut em all up though mate!

that'd be an interesting mod though! What about someone (cough, cough MADNC_8) doing BA Internals with a polycarbonate EA lens!!!!!!! Just carve, cut & shut to suite & glue the lens on EF style!
Huh???
That'd be a subtle touch!!!! & unique Plus it'd fit!!! Sh*t why'd I mention it again!!!???
Cheers
Nev
COMING THEN GOING SOON:ED Futura Sedan, Gunmetal respray, superlows, camber kit, BA 17's rep's & ED Ghia interior, 20% tint, shift kit, exhaust + stereo & whatever else comes to mind! Then will be up 4 sale!
LWRDEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 05:39   #10 (permalink)
No longer around

only problem with that is getting the lenses made.... the rest would be a snack...

find me someone that will make the lenses cheap and ill have a go atm we throw broken BA reflectors away.....they'd be quite usefull
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU