Ford Forums banner

Headlight circuit breaker location??

9K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Yagz 
#1 ·
Where is this? my manual talks about it but doesn't give the actual location. I tried following the wiring diagrams but still don't exactly know where it is..

Dan..

#3 ·
Yep, there's a block of relays wedged in between the battery and the side of the bay - you'll see a metallic grey or dull silver coloured rectangular thingy hanging off the rear end of that block of relays (it's obviously not a relay) - that's the critter you're after.

As a matter of interest, I had the old "lights flick off for a while when on highbeam" syndrome and have found that simply cleaning up the push on terminal tangs on that breaker with a bit of sandpaper has fixed the problem (auto electrician clued me in on that one).

I then put a light smear of "Corrode Cure" battery terminal corrosion protection gibbers onto the tangs to prevent them rusting up again - lights have been fine for over six months now.

#4 ·
I've tried cleaning them and replaced the high beam relay - still no luck so I am gonna do the circuit breaker.. Doesn't cost much so I won't be out too much if that doesn't work.. After that its a trip to the auto electrician..

Dan..

#5 ·
I had the problem of headlights cutting out when on high beam. I think this was caused by just too much current being drawn through the small c/breaker! I spose thats what ya get for running 130W highs and 130/100W high/lows! New big relay installed with chunky wiring fixed the problem ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.