Ford Forums banner

heater vacuum control

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  XE V8 
#1 ·
Guy`s .... Originally had an xe 6 then converted to clevo but since heater has defaulted to windscreen only, cannot get any ventllation under dash or at face level etc.

My Question is which contol hoses connect to where so as to get the heater operational again. I see some marked with blue other with green paint at the firewall. Thanks.

#2 ·
One of them goes to inlet manifold for vacuum pressure, the other one to the heater tap (if not already, in which case don't know), if you get it wrong not a problem no harm done, the air still wont go where you want.

Jason

#3 ·
thanks mate... Still is lot of small vacuum hoses poking out of firewall unattached - can`t remember what these actually did!.... did have air con originally on six.

Also have cool air constantly under passenger dash side... very annoying in winter- is this maybe due to no vacuum in heater controls?
Does anyone possibly have a diagram listing all the hose connections, sorry big ask I know but I have a gregory`s manual only and is useless for this info needed. Thanks

#4 ·
Well the air blowing in will be from no vacuum and possibly the flap vacuum control also being broken and not able to close, just flip it to closed to put fan on re-circ and stick a screw through the plastic, or a small wooden wedge to hold it from flipping back again to solve the issue quickly.

I would just block all the pipes off, then one by one apply vacuum pressure till everything works fine inside, then work out the rest later when more info is on hand :0)

Jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.