Installing Central Locking!! Help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2003, 15:13   #1 (permalink)

Installing Central Locking!! Help

i purchased a central locking kit the other day for $100, it was the best one they had in the shop. I have installed it, and it all works fine, from the remotes etc, it opens, closes, etc. Now, below i have provided a pic of the instaltion diagram. Now, the only wires i have not connected up are

ACC - (Yellow)
PEDAL BRAKE -(BROWN)
STARTER KILLER - (PINK)
PARKING KIGHT -(ORANGE)

If anyone knows, where and how to connect up these wires to, in the car (EA series 1). Please post a reply. Any help would do. Thanks

http://64.14.116.81/test.jpg

P.S Once i complete this i aim to write a tutorial on how to install this.
GL PRO SOUND
www.glprosound.com.au
1LOWEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2003, 04:01   #2 (permalink)

Ummm central locking kit with a starter killer? Does it have a simple imobilisor built in or something?

Anyway i can help with somestuff although not directly related to EA Falcons :)

ACC you can get acc easily from the back of the cigarette lighter. There will be 2 wires one will be +12v when acc on the other will be ground just use a mutl meter to test :)

Parking lights? is this to indicate what you are doing eg lock/unlock anyway open up the steering colum cover there will be several looms a quick way to narrow down them aside form just tracing them is to disconect a loom see if parkers still work if they dont then you found the loom in which the parkers is on then its a case of using a multimeter on the now disconected switch and figuring out which pin to tap into. hmm its hard to explain sorry easy to demonstrate.

Pedal brake?!?! WTF i have never heard of central locking like this the only thing i can think of is maybe hand brake so the doors auto lock when handbrake is off and car is on?

Starter killer ... if this is just one wire then it will be a trigger for a relay basicaly you use a relay to intercept a vital part of the operation for the car, then this wire will be say 12+ when alarm is disarmed and 0 when its armed so the relay either makes or brakes the curcuit :)
swatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 23:57   #3 (permalink)

ok

the brake is for, when i hit the brake pedal when i first turn acc on, it locks the doors. i have not connected ti because i dont like it. Where do i connect the starter killer?. just directly to batery?
GL PRO SOUND
www.glprosound.com.au
Old 01-29-2003, 00:17   #4 (permalink)

wow thats a realy odd setup with the brake thing :) ......

Umm if its a relay output like i think it is (its hard to tell with out seeing the instructions) then you use it to cut something ... eg the power to the fuel pump.
swatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 00:28   #5 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

If it's an auto a simple way is a relay connected with the auto trans lock out switch.
Old 01-29-2003, 00:50   #6 (permalink)

where would that be? and also, how would i know with a voltmeter which wire to use? would it need to have no voltage or a constant 12v threw it?
GL PRO SOUND
www.glprosound.com.au
Old 02-02-2003, 09:19   #7 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

The Neutral Start switch is on the left hand side of the auto transmission and is connected to the ignition switch. Early EA 3 spd and 4 spd use an orange black wire. Just cut it and put a normally closed (30 amp 12v horn/light relay) between the cut wires and connect the alarm wires so the alarm closes it when it's turned off - this should mean that the circuit will still be open and the car cannot be strated if the alarm is disconnected from its 12 V suppl (and whatever battery backup og it's own it may have). Or use a normally closed relay and have it so it opens when the alarm is turned on (not preferred as if the alarm loses power ot is removed the car can be started).
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU