Ford Forums banner

Installing Head-deck to XF

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Freak 
#1 ·
I bought an XF without a CD but i had an old one from my other car.
All i want to know is what colour wires and plugs (if any) i need to connect.
The head deck is Pioneer.

#2 ·
from memory the green ones are the front speakers and the other one is power. you will need to find yourself a constant power supply which i found under the steering column.
you can also do what i did to make it easier and that is to cut the plug off the old stereo and join it (with joiners) to the wiring on your new stereo. that way you can just plug it into the existing loom.
get yourself a test light as well as youll need it to find a constant supply of power. look under the dash for plugs that arent connected to anything and test them without any keys in the ignition so you know that if there is power it isnt being used for something in the car. when you find one that isnt being used and has power constantly in it, cut it and join some wire to it and run it back to your stereo and you now have constant power. you will need this for the memory of the CD player.
the rest you should be able to figure out between your CD players installation instructions and your test light.
i assume you have bought yourself a 'faceplate' from autobarn (or similar) for the CD player to be fitted to? you will need this as it wont be possible without it. it screws into your existing stereo hole and the CD player slides into it.
hope this helps some.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.