Interior Falling apart - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2003, 02:28   #1 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

Interior Falling apart

Well I guess my car has been sitting in the sun for too long at one stage in its life as my interior is literally falling apart around me.
The quarter panels on the doors where the mirror adjusters are have fallen apart into about 5 pieces, my glove box and latch have snapped away, the compartment where the radio sits has broken in 3 places only leaving one place for the centre fascia around the stereo to be screwed into, the panel around the handbrake has split in half, the a pillar trims are hardly held on with only 1 clip each and they rattle like all shit, the c pillar trims have literally disintergrated at the bottom and the centre console chips away if you touch it.

Now I realise most of the parts I need to replace it with wont cost much from a wreckers but finding them in the colour of my interior might be a challenge as its that really dark blue/grey colour which I havent seen around much, and seeing how the bits that havent broken yet are probably just as weak as the bits that are broken I've decided it might be time for an interior swap.

I'm just wondering what sorta prices I should be expecting for a complete interior excluding seats as mine are fairly good.
Stock as a Rock for the moment

TQE's
XplodEd EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2003, 03:16   #2 (permalink)
96 EF Futura

Re: Interior Falling apart

Ed there is a guy at Cleveland who sels ALOT of EA parts very cheaply, I forget his number but if you have a look through the tradingpost, he advertises alot of falcon gear, just look for the same mobile number at the end of each ad.

Lowered EF Futura
Black Steelies ( too cheap to buy proper mags )
SiX_iN_a_RoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 08:04   #3 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

Why not look at putting a later E-series interior in - something like an EF or EL Fairmont interior would look great. Not sure if it's a straight swap, but wouldn't think it would be too hard.

AU1 XR8 Auto 147.9 rwkw (approx 215 fwkw)

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto
17s, Pacemakers, 3" Intake & Pod filter (The Family Hack)

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
JC-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 08:14   #4 (permalink)
Death to Camry's!

EF EL interiors arent a straight swap, and involve modifications...
MightyEFGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 08:26   #5 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Stupid sun damage :( Window tinting and sun blinds are definitely an investment for any car that is parked outdoors a lot.

But perhaps an upgrade to an ED GLi (or similar) interior could be the light at the end of the tunnel.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 22:18   #6 (permalink)
Homeless Tree

What's the trick to pulling out the inside mirror garnish pieces. There are two screws and some clip, but i have broken this clip on boh sides and need to replace/fix them so they dont rattle.
Old 07-16-2003, 00:33   #7 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

I would look at putting a later model interior in but I'm trying to save on $$$ and there is uncertainty of how long I'm gonna keep the car so I don't want to spend an awfull lot and all my time trying to modify bits and pieces and rewire half the car to make an EF-EL interior fit.

I'll probably try and get something out of an EB or ED or a fairmont ghia of somesort, whichever way I'm gonna need a complete interior, every single trim and panel, the dash (minus electrics in dash) and excluding roof lining (not even 12 months old) and seats. I'll shop around the wreckers around my way this weekend and see what I can dig up.

TQE's
Old 07-16-2003, 05:45   #8 (permalink)
No longer around

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplodEd EA
I'll probably try and get something out of an EB or ED or a fairmont ghia of somesort, whichever way I'm gonna need a complete interior, every single trim and panel, the dash (minus electrics in dash) and excluding roof lining (not even 12 months old) and seats. I'll shop around the wreckers around my way this weekend and see what I can dig up.
maybe try and find a crashed car if its ghia stuff you want a crashed car will give you all the elevtrics you will need to make it all work
MADNC_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 06:07   #9 (permalink)
formerly sikEA

i got four trims for sale Ed, dark dark grey....reasonably good condition apart from the drivers elbow wear.....lemme know if your interested

ps they are from a EA Ghia, have Ghia badges on them, power window switches on the rear trim....no holes for manual window winders

I also got a decent passengers seat out of EB GL, a rooted Spac drivers seat, and a good Spac rear seat back...no cushion

...mmm clevo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
And Yagz, come back in six months faggot
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 23:48   #10 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

Actually my door trims are pretty much ok, I'd just need to replace them to match the colour of the rest of the interior if I change it

TQE's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU