interior mods, anyone tried any thing them selves??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2003, 05:36   #1 (permalink)
Fu(kn Slow & Low

interior mods, anyone tried any thing them selves???

hey just wondering has any one changed the colour of there interior or carpets or any thing to do with the interior them selves.. i dont want to go to a re-trimmer to do stuff for me, i want to do it all my self, just wondering if any one has done it them selves and how hard it was and how did it turn out?

im thinking of changing my roof lining but dont know how to get it off or on. plus i dont want it to sag, ive painted the plastics from instrument cluster to gear shifter surround but am going to re-do it or return it to original. plus i want to add neons to my interior because i do alot of night driving.

Cheers
Ehab
White 1988 EA Fairmont Ghia ~ Gassed ~ EF camshaft ~ Lowered on super low king springs (not low enough) ~ 2.5inch cat back exhaust system with one muffler ~ Clear indicators ~ Simota POD filter ~ New head built for gas ~ 3.23 open wheeler diff ~ EF XR 16inch rims ~ pioneer deck and rear speakers ~ sony front speakers ~ kyb shocks

driving a 3 speed auto with no second gear!!!
Need PSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2003, 06:49   #2 (permalink)
Looking in YOUR bathroom.

Re: interior mods, anyone tried any thing them selves???

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA_GHIA_2NV
hey just wondering has any one changed the colour of there interior or carpets or any thing to do with the interior them selves..
yeah ive done a few small changes.............

on a more serious note, ive found that re-upolstering is really not a job to take lightly. Ive had a go at a few small things (not in my car) and have never got a good result. An Autotrimmer may be the only option for serious interior mods.

Regarding neons, how do you want them mounted, and for what purpose? reading? general illumination? etc?

Ill take it as a complement i think.............
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 12:56   #3 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Taking out the roof lining is quite simple in theory, as you're just unclipping all the plastic parts around it, undoing various screws for sunvisors etc and pulling off those &$^% xmas tree clips all around. But if your current lining is not sagging, it's a very awkward and frustrating job for one person.

The only interior mod that I have done is replacing my silver trip computer and rear demister button with later model black items. Next I'll need to source a climate control unit, but for $150-odd it's one of those things I'll be postponing for a while.

Take a look at the meet pics on eafalcon.com, I'm sure you'll find heaps of interesting ideas through guys like SPHELL etc.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 14:01   #4 (permalink)
Nothing beats a V8

i've replaced the carpet, roof lining and seats in my car. the roof lining was a bit of a bitch for me. i bought the carpet brand new, but it was moulded for the floor pan of my car, so it was pretty basic to put in. i got the seats already recovered/resprung.

i've also been rebuilding the dash from scratch, but i found that getting the crash pad recovered is expensive, so i was thinking of getting a carbon fibre one made.
Old 11-02-2003, 14:11   #5 (permalink)
Wannabe mechanic :)

Jack: What later-model clock/trip computer fits in place of the Silver one ? Cause the EA one is kinda ugly, and I could do with an upgrade :)
Old 11-02-2003, 19:16   #6 (permalink)

gregor (thumpa) has done some colour type stuff in his car.
not sure where his pics are though
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 20:41   #7 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

I havn't really done any "mods" as such but I did have a blue dodgy GL interior and I've changed that to have ED fairmont Seats and door trims, ED grey carpet and all new plastics through out as well.
(Well not new I ripped out of the wreaked ED I got)
Old 11-02-2003, 23:49   #8 (permalink)
Fu(kn Slow & Low

hey walkinshaw i just want the lights to be bright but with out looking untidy and dodgey and gettting in the way of mine and passengers feet. i was thinking deep in the foot wells would be good and underneath the front seats. ill be deciding when i buy some white furr if i want blacklights or blue neons or a mixture and were to mount these neons, i dont want an untidy look or visible during the day.

jack i was also going to buy a black trip computer out of a ed fairmont ghia but then painted my dash silver so the stock trip computer blends in well with it all.
White 1988 EA Fairmont Ghia ~ Gassed ~ EF camshaft ~ Lowered on super low king springs (not low enough) ~ 2.5inch cat back exhaust system with one muffler ~ Clear indicators ~ Simota POD filter ~ New head built for gas ~ 3.23 open wheeler diff ~ EF XR 16inch rims ~ pioneer deck and rear speakers ~ sony front speakers ~ kyb shocks

driving a 3 speed auto with no second gear!!!
Need PSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 01:02   #9 (permalink)
wanting 6 gears!

Under car neons that way your car can see what its driving over. You will also look very sick.
blinkAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:21   #10 (permalink)

Ive just bought BA XR floor mats and they fit and look sweet! Its about the only interior mod ive done...
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU