Ford Forums banner

Interior Neons

10K views 54 replies 32 participants last post by  back2thefutura 
#1 ·
I took some photo's of my interior neons.. I can post them if anyone wants to see them. They do suck though because the digital camera didn't show much of the glow. It is powerfull enough to make my shirt blue, but it is just visible in the photo's. I can do a how to if anyone wants.

#3 ·
sending...

#6 ·
#8 ·
EFXR6_Yagz said:
one word. Ryc.
Yet another quality post from our friend chris. Also RYC isnt a word - I looked it up and its not in the dictionary.Its spelt RICE if thats what you were trying to say.
Ive seen a falcon with neon lights in the interior and it was quite tasetful.
Go put ya L plates on and take ya mum for a drive.

Also why did you want to put the blue leds on ya washers chris? So you could see where the water was coming from??

#10 ·
top stuff there mate im seriously thinking of replacing all my interior lights in the fairlane (yeah theres quite a few its like the cocpit of an aircraft lol) to green plus some neons under seats and in the boot

i already have green parkers in my headlights (see avatar) as well as green rear plate globes

and chris you are a fool it doesnt look 'ryc'ey at all

go ask the teachers at your school for the remeadial class so you can re-learn how to spell

#13 ·
I like neons in boot installs, and as a replacement for original lighting, looks much better. I was thinking of doing this in the LTD too, but as I said only a replacement to the original lighting. If it glows when all the doors are shut just so other people can see it, then it's rice.

Alex

#14 ·
Jamie,

I think it looks good also...
Wouldn't RICE and FORD be a contradiction in terms?????

The 'how to' would be appreciated, I've been thinking of doing the same thing but maybe not with so many (just both foot-wells)

If you wanna email em. it's 'talkwithhally@hotmail.com'

thanks

Tim

#15 ·
Just a word of warning to all neon users....avoid leaving them on for more than 2 hours at a time, as they will start to burn themselves out. You may have seen this on a few lights where only the centre glows and the outside has dimmed or vice versa.

But other than that, nice setup mate.

ViGiLaNtE

#17 ·
one word. Ryc.
Thanks for the help :whatever: everyone else who didn't seem to like them was a little more respectable about it and even gave some constuctive critisism. :shrug:

Sure, I agree, they are slightly ricey.. but I like them. I don't like it when the neon bar is visible, however its fine with just the glow. I do this because I like it, thanks for all the positive comments tho :thup:.

I might replace all the LED's behind the controls, or see if they are LEDS there.. I have this thing for blue :shrug:.
I like boot installs, I plan on doing one my self.

What is rice exactly. I mean I know it, I use it.. but what is it exactly?

#18 ·
They look good, to me Rice is not adding neons to your car. Rice is putting and XR6 badge on your Gli so it looks like sumfin its not. I dont mind people who put XR6 ect kits on there Gli cause your trying to make it look good, but if you put XR6 badges etc and label it as something it isn't, that to me is ricey.

Ala people who put HKS, Trust decals on car which don't have the products on them at all. THey just do it to give an illusion they are driving a fast car.

I realise my opinion on bodykits in a bit grey as its sort of the same thing, but hey, thats just what i think!

But back to the topic, they look really good, and not ricey at all!

Mikey.

#20 ·
I agree with that, well the Body kit is an appearance mod, just as neons are. XR6 badges are lying and yeah.. being ricey like a 20" tip on a muffler. I also don't like people who do stuff like Nismo on their Holden :nonono:

#21 ·
yeah butif its a VL then its basically a nissan anyways and the only good parts you can buy are from nismo LOL and when you buy a nismo part you get a 90cm x 20 cm NismO sticker to put on ya windscreen LOL

i always love paying out all the VL owners with their nissan engines lol

#23 ·
In my opinion, "Rice" is anything done to a car that is meant to be performance or image enhancing, despite the fact that it is in REALLY bad taste. My idea of rice is a red Hyundai Lantra with a massive billet aluminium rear wing (aka F1 car) bolted onto the boot. *cough* uni student that I know *cough*

www.ricecop.com

www.beaterz.com

MADNC's neons & Jaimie's sound pretty cool. I did a bodgy home-job with the XE, but it looked pretty good. I used fluros that were meant to be used for hooking up to the battery when you're checking your engine. I just hooked the wires to the headlight assembly so the fluros would be on whenever the headlights were on. Then I put tinted contact on the fluro covers... so if I wanted red lights, I could just get another set of covers for like $5, & put red tint on. I chose a UV tint (two layers blue, one purple) for my lights. I just shoved them under the front seats, & they illuminated the whole floor area. Fluros last for ages too, hehe.

I freaked out a drunk mate of mine once when he was flaked out in the backseat while we were driving to another party. He was looking at the UV lights & he started screaming something about aliens... then he threw up into a plastic bag. At least the XE had a hose-out interior, just in case he didn't think of using a bag!

-Dave-

#24 ·
Ghia5L said:
In my opinion, "Rice" is anything done to a car that is meant to be performance or image enhancing, despite the fact that it is in REALLY bad taste. My idea of rice is a red Hyundai Lantra with a massive billet aluminium rear wing (aka F1 car) bolted onto the boot. *cough* uni student that I know *cough*

www.ricecop.com

www.beaterz.com

MADNC's neons & Jaimie's sound pretty cool. I did a bodgy home-job with the XE, but it looked pretty good. I used fluros that were meant to be used for hooking up to the battery when you're checking your engine. I just hooked the wires to the headlight assembly so the fluros would be on whenever the headlights were on. Then I put tinted contact on the fluro covers... so if I wanted red lights, I could just get another set of covers for like $5, & put red tint on. I chose a UV tint (two layers blue, one purple) for my lights. I just shoved them under the front seats, & they illuminated the whole floor area. Fluros last for ages too, hehe.

I freaked out a drunk mate of mine once when he was flaked out in the backseat while we were driving to another party. He was looking at the UV lights & he started screaming something about aliens... then he threw up into a plastic bag. At least the XE had a hose-out interior, just in case he didn't think of using a bag!

-Dave-
yup, drunk mates are fun, until they throw up on the side of your car...

:puke: :evil2:

fluro lights, are they brighter? I have fairly cheap neon's so they're not overly bright, although the camera sure doesn't get close to how bright they are...

#26 ·
Jamie said:
fluro lights, are they brighter? I have fairly cheap neon's so they're not overly bright, although the camera sure doesn't get close to how bright they are... [/B]
I'm not sure if fluros are brighter, but they're more expensive! I got two fluros for $50, but since I could interchange the covers, it was like I'd gotten 8 or so neons ;)

In the daytime you can't see the fluro light, and at dusk they're only aparrent if you have white shoes/"stainless" floormats. At night time they stand out if you look at the floor, but I've surprised many people by saying 15 minutes into a trip, "Hey check out the floor!"

If u place them under the seats, the lighting covers the whole floor, so it looks like it could come from anywhere: under the dash, from the doors, from below the back seat, from under the centre console, etc etc.

-Dave-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.