Interiors - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2002, 16:34   #1 (permalink)
Dreamer

Interiors

hey all
been looking at the fairmont ghia interior over the last week, and im impressed. my auto lever stick surround is pretty poxy at the moment, so i want the woodgrain surround, and also would like the wood bits on the top of the doors

i have a fairmont, so i dont need the whole door, does anyone know if you can buy the wood bits seperate? you should be able to, if one fell off, sif you would buy a whole new door...

any help is appreciated, want to clean up my interior, make it a bit more classy, oh and chrome handles are a go also :)
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2002, 18:11   #2 (permalink)

Oooooh. I know EXACTLY the part you are looking at.
It was available on the EL Fairmont Ghia.

The wood trim bit, with the chrome suround for the Auto transmission, (Floor) shift.

Very very nice, and very very classy.
Good News..... Yes you can buy it seperately, and it does fit !

But..... Here is the Bad news......
Costs $420 or there abouts from Ford.

I was looking at doing the same thing, as When I bought my car, I had 8 holes in this panel, for a previously installed hands free kit.

There are other things you can get, which arent so expensive.
I fitted the EL Fairmont / NF Fairlane Door lights, Cost about $17.00 each. So I really dont understand the premium Ford charges for certain parts ???

Cheers
Matt
Xyphoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 18:25   #3 (permalink)
Dreamer

holly crap!
$420 for that, they can get fuct, i'll make my own one out of some real nice wood, get is shinning, then put make up a chrome section also, so it looks real, but is my own design.

still want chrome door handles, and the wood insert things on the door, maybe have to make them myself too

or try a few wreckers around the place, bound to have some
Old 03-29-2002, 18:41   #4 (permalink)
Dreamer

rang my ford dealer:

the woodgrain auto shifter bit is $70

the door woodgrain sections are *Wait for it* $397 EACH freakin door, can be bought seperately.

chrome handles are $50 each

i think i will buy the auto shifter part, search wreckers for woodgrain door parts, and smooth current door handles, chrome spray them, and clear coat
Old 03-29-2002, 19:02   #5 (permalink)
Ex Member

Quote:
Originally posted by South
rang my ford dealer:

the door woodgrain sections are *Wait for it* $397 EACH freakin door, can be bought seperately.

chrome handles are $50 each

i think i will buy the auto shifter part, search wreckers for woodgrain door parts, and smooth current door handles, chrome spray them, and clear coat
those chrome handles are nice, but remember, they are solid metal, not plastic.

Ive got all that wood work in my Nf fairlane, it does look good, but i realy dont think its worth as much as they charge for it.

the door wood is aparently real australian black wood.

the woodgrain surround for the gear shifter is plastic fake wood, and so is the surround around the sterio. Its too easily sctratched and makes for a very "old mans car" apearance.
Old 03-29-2002, 19:05   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
NO WAY !!!!!! Seriously !!!!!!
Is this Trade price, or retail ????
(Im wondering if the Dealer was trying to rip me off, or got the price wrong ???)

FARQ - I think I will head down to my Local Ford Dealer on Monday and pick one up if this is the case !!!

P.S. Did you get a part number for this ?

As for the rest of the parts you need, A friend bought most of an NF Fairlane interior, (Door trims, Seats, carpets, trip computer, Instruments, Power window winders and switches, Climate control, cruise control bits all for about $2000.

Problem was he had to pick the parts himself, and didnt take some of the modules required for some of these parts, (EG Climate control, and Cruise Control).

Still, a big bargain if you ask me !

Cheers
Matt
Xyphoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 19:07   #7 (permalink)
Dreamer

dont think its worth that much, in that case wanna sell it to me :D
carn, you know ya want that extra cash, hehe

fake wood still looks good :)

nothing goes in my car to scratch it tho, me and my gf are the only passengers, then spare clothes.

cant handle 5 people in it, vibrates the hell out of the drive train, lowered, then it gets lowered more with 5 fat ****s :(

anyhow, wanna sell it to me
Old 03-29-2002, 19:33   #8 (permalink)
Dreamer

sorry, didnt get a part number, guy just said yeah thats about $68

monday is a public holiday tho mate, cant go in to get the bits, will be closed :(

i rang a wrecked who had a ghia, but was EF, so had no woodgrain shit in it, so was dissapointed.

i could go as far as getting a cut out made, and get a wood person to make up the door parts, varnish them up nice, would look neato.
Old 03-29-2002, 20:39   #9 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

you could always get the stick on stuff. Its a lot cheaper... and you can get the kits pretty cheap these days.
Old 03-29-2002, 22:21   #10 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Quote:
Originally posted by XR8chic
you could always get the stick on stuff. Its a lot cheaper... and you can get the kits pretty cheap these days.
speaking about those kits..can u get ones that are either Carbon fibre looking or brushed aluminium for an EB S Pack?

And if so where from?

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU