Ford Forums banner

Just replaced Electric window reg, now theres a problem

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  the_scotsman 
#1 ·
I just replaced the front passenger windows reg assembly in my EF Fairmont Ghia with a replacement from ozeparts.com
It went in ok, but when I wind the window up, when it gets about 2 thirds up then the window tilts forward and cant go any higher. I need to physically push the window backwards (towards the back of the car) to get it to wind to the top. The driver side also does this but no where near as bad.
All I can see is the 2 bolts that hold the window to the slider, these have some slack but no mattter where i position them, just makes it worse, no better.
Anyone have any tricks or solutions?
Pwease hewp!!!!

Cheers!

#2 ·
You have the regulators the right way round?
Glass is still in the tracks?

#3 ·
Yep and yep

Been looking over the forums, seems its fairly common, and can be solved by using some teflon spray in the windows rubber channels...silicon would do, but wont last long.
I guess its trial and error wiuth the 2 bolts that hold the windows to the slider, very very annoying though as it brand new.

#5 ·
Yeah sometimes it's hard to get right. I found with the aftermarket ones, sometimes you have to drill new mounting holes for the regulators cos they don't fit...wtf....
Now I just use Ford ones. S/H go for $75 ea which is good enough for me considering they usually last about 1/2 the length of a new one and are less than 1/2 the price :s5:

#6 ·
OK just went back and had another go! Success!
Wound it 2/3 up till it was tilting most forward. THEN, loosened the 2 10mm bolts and angled the window straight then did the bolts up. Goes up much better now...ran out of silicon spray so used WD40 temporarily, now it work almost perfect! Didnt even think to try adjusting it while it was at its worst point! Doh!
I got the new reg assy from ozeparts.com for $120 the motor is quite a bit smaller than the stock Ford one, see how long that lasts, but seems to be doing the job! Just need to make sure its kept well lubed...will need to see how much teflon spray is, or that Nulon Ezyglide.
Thanks for the replies!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.