Laser headlights. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2002, 01:42   #1 (permalink)

Laser headlights.

please dont kill me i dont own a falcon. I own a 92 Laser S (first car), and i realy think the major things which dont suit the car are the orange indicators in both the headlight assembly and the front quater pannels.

Click for a pic

and i noticed that in some pictures you guys had clear indicators, how much did that cost you? where did you get it? are there similar avaliable for lasers? legaility?

BTW a laser S is a step down from a tx3, it has a SOHC 1.8l EFI engine instead of DOHC or DOHC-T :(.

Other mods i want are the tail lights to be tinted, windows tinted, stereo. Then next year when i change insures i might look at engine/handling (dam you to hell AAMI!)

Steve
swatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2002, 02:36   #2 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Hi there,

I am very fond of the Lasers of that period, and even the KEs before them. I might have bought one myself, but the Fairmont Ghias of the time seemed to be cheaper secondhand. The used car market can be a strange place.

The bad news first, no KF or KH Laser to my knowledge had clear front indicators. I am not sure how you could go about custom-making them. However, the side indicators should be replacable with those of almost any new car. You could get AU III Falcon or VX Commodore ones, for example. There are threads elsewhere on these forums detailing the installation procedure.

Tail light tinting has potential legal and safety-related ramifications, but nonetheless I'm sure the car will be fantastic by the time you've done your planned mods.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 03:31   #3 (permalink)

yes i know about the problems about the rear tail light but it will be very marginal and done evenly on contact anyway.

But i think there is a chance i was just reading on a mazda site and saw a few of them (mazda 323 = laser). And yer i will run a search i was told to borrow parts from recent falcon/commodores.

Thanks for the help.
swatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 03:34   #4 (permalink)
400 kg ego

The 323 hatch of the time had pop-up headlights. No prizes for guessing they would not be compatible with a Laser. Then again, I'm no expert on these cars so you might find something. Good luck. :)

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU