Ford Forums banner

making EA fairmont dash brighter?!

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  d_slayer 
#1 ·
hi guys
i have changed my dash colour to red using those condom thingies but now i find the dash is too dull. mind you i always thought it was too dull! well how will i make it brighter? can i just put in some higher wattage globes? or do i put leds in? i dont know anything about leds though:( i want to keep my dash red tho
thanks

#2 ·
Leds wont be brighter, well not without COST :0) , you need a fair few to get the bright display, do you have the brightness turned all the way up, it resets to LOW when the dash is removed, it is the lights switch, the little lever, just push it up and hold it before it switches the interioir lights on, should go brighter, in the GHIA you have do it with lights off, then again with lights on.

Jason

#4 ·
I have 5watt ones that i got from ford in mine and have had them for the last 5 weeks and it hasn't cursed any problems yet ( that i know of)

#7 ·
I have an ea spak (mid range) dash in my car and i thought that the lights where 5 watt to but when i when to ford to get other ones i got el or au i cann't remember ones which where 5 watt and after looking at mine they were only 3 watt bulbs but the thick comdoms i have on mine haven't melted as yet but like i i have really thick ones about 2-3mm thick.. which i got from jaycar and with the normal setting on for the inside lighs the dash lights up the whole car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.