Ford Forums banner

Many Interior Questions!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Sundeep 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I haven't posted here in ages, but I've come across some things I need help with!
I'm finally fixing all the little faults in mine and my brothers EL GLi's, and have a few questions to ask before I get started, they may be stupid questions but I know shit all about this kinda stuff so I hope someone can help!:

- I have blown a light behind my speedo/tacho in my dash. Before I go pulling out my dash to replace the bulb, can anyone tell me exactly what bulb they use so I can purchase them beforehand?

- Also in my brothers car, the bulbs that light up the gear selected panel next to the gear stick (auto obviously) do not come on when the parks/headlights and turned on, but one small tap on the panel turns the bulb(s) on. What would be causing this? a faulty bulb or wiring?

- Also in my brothers car, his windows are having real trouble (particularly passenger). They become hard to wind up at times, and the passenger one becomes hard to wind up and does not line up with the door, moving to the right (from passengers point of view). Any ideas on what is causing this and possible fixes?

- One last small question (not really interior, but anyway)... My brothers drivers exterior door handle seems to have lost the outer part of the keylock. Would this part be available from a wrecker, or would a whole new door handle need to be bought?

I hope someone can help me, I appreciate any input! Thanks again.

Brendan.

See less See more
#2 ·
Ok,

Dash for a GLi- Max Ellery handbook states 1.2 watt spade type, sits in a holder.

For the auto selector bulb, check that the bulb is all the way in the holder first up, then check the wiring. Most likely bulb problem.

Window stiffness, cause, dirt & dust mostly. Fixes, 1.-temporary, spray the rubber window track with silicone lubricant. 2.-better fix, remove track, wash gently, lube and replace. 3.-best idea, replace rubbers and lube. Don't forget to lube the mechanism whatever senario you go for.

Door handle, only thing I can suggest is see a wrecker or ford.

Chris

#4 ·
With the door lock thing, i think you are stuck unless you buy a whole new handle and change bits out.

That cover (which has come out on my EL Futura) holds the little swinging door and springs and stuff for the lock in there. If you loose the cover, all that stuff falls out and its then stuffed.

I saw mine come out, so i was able to get it and find the door and spring and i then araldited the cover back on.

#5 ·
The whole handle doesn't have any connection with lock. The lock is completely seperate. You may be able to find the outer bit at a wrecker and silicone it in place.

sundeep

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.