Monster Tach Installer - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2005, 05:08   #1 (permalink)
King-5.0ltr!

Monster Tach Installer

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get my monster tacho and LED Washer lights installed professionally, I need to know someone around the Broadmeadows/Meadow Heights area in the northern suburbs of Melbourne, VIC?

Also, any idea of the approxiamate cost to me? Just so I know how much to save up. Thanks

And please dont tell me that I dont need a monster tacho, I do because my stock one isn't functional (no needle lol, dad accidentally broke it wihle cleaning inside the dash...don't ask how coz I didn't have the car then).

I have a EF Falcon GLi...if it matters.
Thanks
mr_rx7_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2005, 05:39   #2 (permalink)
Movin on up!

Re: Monster Tach Installer

Yeah...no worries on the monster tacho.......I think?????

But the windscreen washer LED's????? WTF?

I think you should trade your falcon for a Lancer or Sylvia with a shopping list on the front door!

I mean c'mon....why in gods name would you want LED's on your windscreen washers? They are just pure Ricer!!!!!!

I'll say again
Philaddis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 14:36   #3 (permalink)
King-5.0ltr!

Nah, I like em. Especially since I got ones that change through 7-colors automatically

So...anyone?
mr_rx7_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:55   #4 (permalink)

install the tacho yourself. Thats what i did. There are plenty of places on the net that give you detailed instructions on how to do it. and i agree with Philaddis, LED washers are pure rice and should only ever be on s**tbox corollas or pulsars!
cheers..
XXX.91F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 22:27   #5 (permalink)

Old 06-06-2005, 06:27   #6 (permalink)

i hope you're gonna have those LED washers off most of the time. I've been warned by friends in authorities that it is illegal to use it on any vehicle, its classified as neon lighting. if you're unlucky & cops pull you over, they'll defect the vehicle & fine $100. i'm so pissed cos' i installed a set of LED washers but had to disconnect them cos' of this. LED washers looks ultra cool on my car but i'm not gonna make $100 fine spoil my ride.

Men are better navigators than women however we men hesitate to ask for directions when lost.
falcon4250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 03:11   #7 (permalink)

The installation process for both of these is quite simple....First. The tacho....

there will be 4wires coming out of it....
One will be positive...hook this upto your "acc" or "on" wires coming out of the loom from underneath the steering column.

Next will be Earth/Ground, this simply gets screwed into a metal part of the car.

Then you have Ill/Light. Wire this upto your park lights, there should be a wire behind your fusebox. Test using a multimeter or a test light.

The tricky one is the tach wire....Coming off of the coil or distributor there will be a small wire running between the two. This wire is called the low tension lead and it so the distributor can tell the coil when to generate a spark. Add this wire onto the low tension lead. Now everything should be running perfectly. See, I told you it wasn't that hard.

I think the hardest part about installing LED washers is removing the old ones first!! Get them out and keep them! you may have to put them back in place later on.

Put the new washers in and screw the nut in place without crushing the wires. Now, there will be two wires coming out of them a red one and a black one. The black wire is Earth/Ground once again screw that to a metal part of the car Your getting the hang of this. the other wire is the Positive wire. Link this upto your park lights. That way, when you switch your park lights, the LEDS come on as well. I would suggest installing a switch inside cabin to be able to switch them off as well. Just use a simple toggle switch, cut the positive wire and put one wire on one side of the switch and th other wire on the other side of the switch and your all done!

Don't forget to adjust the water nozzles, use a paperclip straightened out, insert in the nozzle a little way and then move it until it fires water where you want it:)

ALSO make sure you wire in a fuse anywhere that you take power from.

Now, give yourself a pat on the back and crack open a can of beer. You deserve it.

If you see the Snap-On man, tell him I'm not here.

MECP Master Class Installer (US Qualification)
12volt_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU