NC Fairlane Ghia Interior in EA - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2002, 07:12   #1 (permalink)
Looking in YOUR bathroom.

NC Fairlane Ghia Interior in EA

Im looking at installing NC Fairlane ghia interior into my EA. now, i know the front seats and door trims bolt straight up, however, it is the rear seat im aprehensive about.

Im intrested to know if anyone knows wether the seats bolt straight up with no mods. Im worried as the bolstered between the rear seat and the side of the car on the fairlanes is alot bigger as the seats are further back being a LWB model.

If this is the case then the fairlane rear seat wont bolt up and fit perfectly wont it.!!!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I could use an EA Ghia interior, but the NC Fairlane ghia doortrims etc look so much nicer with woodgrain etc..
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2002, 08:01   #2 (permalink)
E-Series Cameraman

What are EB2/ED Ghia interiors like? Do they differ a great deal from the NC Ghia? Maybe try those if they're not too different.

Alex
The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 17:45   #3 (permalink)
Death to Camry's!

Ah this is an easy one, I changed my interior in my NA to an interior from an EL Fairmont Ghia...

Since you are wanting to put in the long wheel based version (NC)interior into your EA, you will find that the back side cushions (bolsters) wont fit properly and you will have to swap the brackets on the fold down seat backs because the NC's ones will have a longer travel on them compared to the EA. It isnt too hard to do, but the only way to get the side cushions right is to go and get the NC upholstery taken off the side cushion and then have that put onto the EA one. To do that it cost me about $50 each side, and the brackets I just changed them myself.

To my knowledge, the EB-ED trim will bolt straight into an EA. its only a problem when you start playing with the long wheelbased versions
MightyEFGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 17:47   #4 (permalink)
Death to Camry's!

Walkinshaw, were you at the last cruise in Adelaide? And are you going on the cruise on the 6th (this sunday)? If you are I can show you what needed to be changed when I converted my interior.
Old 09-30-2002, 18:33   #5 (permalink)
Looking in YOUR bathroom.

cruise

Cheers for the quick reply guys...........I havent been on here in ages. Its come allong way since the ford.i8.com boards. :)

No i wasnt at the last cruise. Im tempted to come this sunday, its just a bit of a treck for me, seing that i live on the other side of town. Its a good cruise, i did it a few weeks ago with Car Audio Australia.

Ill try to make it. Ill be the one in the shitty stock as a rock light green EAII
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 23:23   #6 (permalink)
400 kg ego

I am also interested in this mod, eventually. ON_iCE has done it to his EA II Fairmont and it makes a big difference :)

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 07:56   #7 (permalink)
Death to Camry's!

come to this one walkinshaw, its the otherside of town for me as well, i live near salisbury, but it should be worth it!!
Old 10-23-2002, 21:39   #8 (permalink)
Formerly lowercase :-)

Quote:
Originally posted by MightyNA
Ah this is an easy one, I changed my interior in my NA to an interior from an EL Fairmont Ghia...
Sounds great! You got any pics of the conversion? I have an EA S that I wouldnt mind sliding a EB-EL Ghia interior into.
MintEAFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 22:53   #9 (permalink)
Death to Camry's!

Yep I do have pics, but they are too big to put up on here, you dont live in Adelaide do you? because if you do I can show you at the next meet
Old 10-24-2002, 18:46   #10 (permalink)
Formerly lowercase :-)

Quote:
Originally posted by MightyNA
Yep I do have pics, but they are too big to put up on here, you dont live in Adelaide do you? because if you do I can show you at the next meet
Nah mate sorry, Melbournite. You wouldn't be able to email them to me would you?

minteafalcon@hotmail.com
MintEAFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU