Ford Forums banner

NC Fairlane Trip Computer

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  torpa 
#1 ·
Hey guys i have just purchased a 5.0 Fairlane Ghia, every so often when i start the car the trip meter beeps and says WARN.
Anybody know what the warning is?
I have just replaced the petrol pump and it was beeping before hand aswell
Thanks In Advance for any responses

#2 ·
I have a NA Fairlane and it does the same thing sometimes,mainly just when I start the car,not very often though.Usualy it is supposed to when the Radiator Header bottle,water level drops below the sensor,but when that happens a light will come up in the dash also, and when the fuel level gets too low,also a light will come up in the dash.

#3 · (Edited)
It will beep for about evey warning you get, as torpa mention, plus, over heating, lights left on, alt problem, handbrake left on while driving (the miss's found that one out the other day). I'm sure the are others like oil pressure but don't quote me on that one.

The low fuel level kicks in at 80km, 60km and 40km and then after that you don't really need a beep to tell you your out of fuel.

I get the same problem with it beeping when starting the car, I don't believe its anything to worry about, more than likely a sensor just taking its sweet time to kick in.

#4 ·
I found out why it beaps at start up.its to do with oil pressure.mine stops beaping as soon as oil light goes out which is almost straight away,I found this out when I reconected oil presure switch as when they replaced my last engine it was not reconected.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.