Ford Forums banner

Need Auto Air Con

926 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Brent79 
#1 · (Edited)
Need Auto Climate Control

Hello, I was wondering is there someway of placing in an EA Fairmont, the electronic speed alarm and the Auto Climate Control from an ea fairmont ghia. Has anyone done this before or they know of a place that can do it or is there a kit for this kind of thing.

#2 ·
Speed Alarm? The EA Ghias never had a speed alarm. I think you mean the trip computer. It tells you avg fuel consumption, avg speed, km remaining on current fuel level etc. I'm pretty sure you can fit them with out too many drama's, but as for the climate control I don't know. It'd be a bit of work. You'd have to get all the looms and vacuum lines with the unit.

#3 ·
Hey mate, Ive done all of that stuff to my EB. The climate control conversion is quite difficult if u wanna do it correctly. The heater boxes are different on the climaTE controlled versions. You would need to take off the dash and replace the heater box. You can, however do what I did and mount the blend door servo under the dash and link it to the blend flap arm using a wire rod. There is also alot of wiring involved. If you got the time, its a cool mod to perform.

Brent

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.