Neon Dash lights - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2002, 01:08   #1 (permalink)

Question Neon Dash lights

Just a quick question, has anybody changed the backlights for the speedo and so on???

I had a link which explained how to do it once but i lost it, so i was wondering if anybody could help me out with any info.

Thanks alot guys
FoEvRnItE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2002, 01:11   #2 (permalink)

Hehehehe, no Problems.

Check out,

FordMods.TotalWeb.net.au

The Neon Colours are produced using LED's, as per what Ford has done with the BA Falcons.
http://fordmods.totalweb.net.au/BlueDash/BlueDash.html

There is also info on the website on changing the colour of the LCD Panels, such as the Odometer, Trip Computer, CLock, and Climate Control.
http://fordmods.totalweb.net.au/REDLCD/REDLCD.html

Cheers
Matti
Xyphoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 03:13   #3 (permalink)

Matti

Have you tried or do you know how to change the displays on AU series three clock and odometer panels? I would like to change just the displays to blue but not the instrument cluster.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 19:57   #4 (permalink)
Proud BA XR6 Owner!

T3,

i havent done it mate but i think i kinda know how.

Remember those $2 dollar wrist watches with the light globe next to the LCD display, so when u pressed the button it lit up??

I believe the ODO and clock panels work on the same principle. Im not sure if they are bulb or LED based (I won an EF, my bro has an AUII XR6).

What i belive you do is... for the clock, remove the black plastic panel directly around the clock (Flattened kidney shaped one) and remove any covers etc. I got a funny feelingt that they are LED based, so simply de and RE solder new ones on. The ODO should be similar, but im not familiar enough with AU dash's to recommend a course of action.

Hope that helps

Chris
Old 10-29-2002, 03:29   #5 (permalink)

Thanks Chris - I'll see how it goes.

I'm a fussy bugger and have a VDO Dayton sat nav and audio which has a blue display so I just want to match up the other displays.

Jeff.
Old 10-30-2002, 12:47   #6 (permalink)
Very happy GT-P owner

I looked in to this for my AUII XR8 and the centre console lighting is very dificult to get to let alone change.
As for instrumentation illumination, you cannot change the colour using LEDs as the instrumentation used white LEDs with a diffuser across the back and coloured neddles etc, so if you change the colour of the LEDs the needles cant be seen.
What I did was to pull the thin plastic print of the speed etc off the diffuser and covered the parts I wanted blue with a thin blue self adhesive book covering, it looks fantastic, and I left the Tickford logo white and I didnt press the needles all the way down and it gives a nice red halo effect around the centre pin of all needles...Looks sweet.
www.fpvxrclub.com.au
GTP07S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 23:26   #7 (permalink)

teza68> sounds good mate. However I don't want to change the instrumentation display, just the LCD backlighting for the clock and the ODO.
Old 10-30-2002, 23:48   #8 (permalink)
Proud BA XR6 Owner!

hey bud, PM Xyphoid .... he owns www.fordmods.tk and is an authority on the subject (Coz he's done a shit load!) You should be able to come up with something if you put your head (and what we said) together

Regards

Chris
Old 10-31-2002, 05:54   #9 (permalink)
Finnaly back

how would u change the colour of an XF digi dash? I pulled it apart today and couldnt sus it out?? is it possible?

1 of 10 Fords
Chad_XF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 22:19   #10 (permalink)
Proud BA XR6 Owner!

Chad_EA: Can you see any LED's or bulbs etc, from either side??

Try taking it out, removing the bit you look at (The plastic surrounds for the speedo, fuel, etc.) put it back in and turn on your side lights (Thus turning the dash lights on).

There are two types of display, bulb lit, and the segmented number display ones. You know how shops have the figure 8"s, and color bits out for the price they want, it might be like that, if so, not alot you can do.... easily

Hope that helps

Chris

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU