New climate control, looks good, but ...... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2004, 22:16   #1 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

New climate control, looks good, but ......

Hello all,

I got an ED climate control black button one, the display is so much nicer, it looks awsome, only problem is, that I have an EA sereis 1, now what this means is that when I plug it in, even with igntion off fan runs on about 1 speed, when I turn igntion on, fan runs at full speed, some of the vents do switch, but basically it is all over the shop, now I do assume it works 100%, as each button I press changes the display as expected, so my next question is .............

wiring :0)

I need the wiring pin assignments for EA series 1 climate control, and wiring for ED (black button) climate control, then I figure its a matter of a few changed pin assignments and off I go.

PLEASE HELP ME !

Jason.

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2004, 01:15   #2 (permalink)
So Play Nice

Re: New climate control, looks good, but ......

I had this problem with the initial black button one I bought (which I think came from a fairlane). I found another at the wreckers with a smaller part number and the same internals as my grey one, swapped for that and it works fine.
OFR #23

Member - ATPS - Automatic Transmission Preservation Society

SVO Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 21:30   #3 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Well I ran the test by holding the floor button and pressing the off button, test carried out as per normal, reported no errors, but original problems still exist.

Old 07-15-2004, 00:18   #4 (permalink)
EB wagon

Hey dellboy...

Looking in my ellery's manual, it shows 2 different wiring diagrams for "late model" ED and early model. Dunno exactly what they are but the late model diagram shows the compressor output from the climate control module going to the "fuel injection" system instead of going directly to the pressure switch and compressor. It shows the addition of something called "WAC relay" between the unit and the compressor.
I cant understand the diagram. And im not sure what differance it makes to the fan speed??

Brent
EB1 3.9L MPI Falcon Wagon with converted T5 / Pacemaker & 2.5" Redback sports exhaust / 2" lowered blocks at the rear, Kings lows up front / ED Tickford Head and Cam / K&N panel filter with XH intake Snorkel / Full EL Fairmont interior with woodgrain

89 EA1 3.9L TBI Falcon Sedan with 3 speed auto / currently being upgraded...
Brent79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 00:21   #5 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

I put the old one back in, run a test on it, and it works 100% fine no problem, in fact it actually works now, it never used to kick the a/c in and out, which it does now, so it works better, go figure, I reckon the wires are the same, but assigned to different pins at the actual climate control, so dont suppose you have the pin assignement/wire colour at the actual connector to the climate control.

Will be another thing to add to my it will work damn it list, while i pull my car to bits and out back together next week ;0)

Jason

Old 07-15-2004, 04:11   #6 (permalink)
wants a manual!

maybe get one from EB2? does yours say CFC free on it? if it does then its ED. possibly EB2 ones werte wired up differently.
John_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 05:06   #7 (permalink)
XR8 XR6 Club of Victoria

Guys, had a look at the Ford Manual wiring diags for EA/EB/EBII and ED.
The wiring for the Auto Climate Control between EA, EB, EBII and ED is all the same, including wires to each pin on all connectors, except for one difference....
In the EA/EB/EBII models the aircon is controlled by the Auto Climate Control module whereas in the ED the aircon is controlled by the EECIV.
In short, the ED version Auto Climate Control module cannot be used in a EA/EB/EBII if you want the aircon to work.
BTW, the same is true for the regular Climate Controller (the one with the levers) where the ED unit is not compatible with EA/EB/EBII in the aircon switching department.

All functions like fan speed control, flaps control, etc is identical between all models.
so,
Dellboy999.... Looks like that ED module is faulty, but, if it wasn't then it would not run your aircon anyway.
As suggested above, you need an EBII unit (they had black buttons ?).
TBH: (the better half) drives an ED XR6 wagon (Mock Dev 4 160rwkw, JMM extractors, 4 electric windows, Ghia door panels in XR trim, rear head & arm rests in XR trim, Momo s/wheel with Cruise, EL thermos, EBGT wheels, etc) things to come soon = EECV upgrade.
Muzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU