Power Window Problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2003, 23:55   #1 (permalink)
Wishing for a Big GT

Power Window Problem

Hey guys, i own a EA Fairmont Ghia and i am having issues with the power windows. Sometimes the drivers side window doesnt work so i took out the power window console thingo next to the gear shift, cleaned the crap out of it and resoldered all the dry joints which it had. After i did this, it worked fine, but now its stuffed again. I've checked it again and there arent any dry joints or lose connections. But for it to work one minute and not the next its obviously a connection issue. What i need to do is see if the console is faulty or if the problem lies in the door, the window mechanism, or the wiring which goes to and from the console. I was wondering if any one knows what the voltage readouts should be on the single connector which connects straight to the bottom of the console? If anyone has a diagram which shows this or schematics i would appreciate it very much. Thanks in advance, Big EA.
Big EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2003, 23:57   #2 (permalink)
Wishing for a Big GT

Re: Power Window Problem

Whats the go with the "Holden Lover" crap under my name. That has to be rectified right away. :(
Big EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 00:31   #3 (permalink)
now with EF power!

Re: Power Window Problem

You can change that by going into your profile.

Mods List:
Kenwood head deck, Rockford Fosgate Punch Sub and Punch Amp....and hubcaps!!

My Gallery!
Proud TQE Operator
danege is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU