Ford Forums banner

Probe drivers seat problem

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  russellw 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Does any body know if this is repairable????

I have a quote of ~$1800 for the part to repair it.....not happy.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Having seen the full sized picture this morning I'd be surprised if you could repair that break without seriously compromising the seat integrity.

Typical of fully imported models the price of parts is crazy but your only option is to weld a plate over the break and take your chances. Wouldn't be something I'd like to do from a safety perspective though.

As usual your other option is to haunt the Vic Wreckers network to see if someone has a car with a useable seat in it. Might be pushing your luck considering how few of them there are around.

Cheers
Russ

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply Russ.

One of the guys here at work offered to 'TIG' weld it for the standard fee of a slab......but I dont know how safe it would be and long it would last.

Jarrett put me onto Grant Walker Part and spoke to a Luke, he has been very helpful is finding a replacement. He has located several seats and has even request a pic to match the upholstery so we'll see how it goes.

Even he thought the replacement seat was expensive at $475.

#4 ·
Picked up a replacement seat from Grant Walker pats last night.....it in alot better condition than my origional. It has a small (not noticeable) amount of damage on the right hand back rest and I would say it around 100k old. My probe is up to 220k and the upholstery is looking a little tired but still in very good condition.

....the only issue with is that it had been brough from somewhere on the back of a ute, and with yesterdays weather.......well its very wet. I'll let it dry for a couple of days and install in over the weekend.

Russ, my cars at Strapp today if you want a first hand look at it, from what i'm told your down their just about every day i'd be more than happy for you to have a look if you get a chance.

Andrew.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.