removal of glovebox side of EF dash - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2004, 05:04   #1 (permalink)

removal of glovebox side of EF dash

Hey guys, boy am I glad I found this site cause it looks really helpfull.

I have a 95 EF which was my old taxi, country use in very good condition considering it was a cab,,,,ahha.. since i would get jack S@@t for it as a trade or private sale i decided to do it up some more, I started to try and take the dash out, the drivers side is real easy, and thats been painted as we speak, but under the glovebox is where it gets sticky. I have removed the screws i can see and then try to pull and it seems to be held with maybe a screw i can see. Does it just pull out hard? Is there a screw to look for somewhere? From memory there we 3 or 4 philips head screws and a socket bolt, thats all I could see. I was affraid to yankit in case i broke something.

When I have finished the drivers side dash i will post some pics, bet you guys would never have pick this as a taxi. Its got old 15" xr8 mags , 2 1/2" exhaust, remote cd player, all which were on it when it was being used as a taxi. Hence my nickname that was given to me.

Oh yeah, have any of you guys tried to paint the door handles? They look hard to get a good even finish, and not sure how good they will last painted. And I am interested in chenging the actual dash / speedo look. Are there places where I can buy maybe white dial faces, or different colour backlite?

Thanks folks
madcabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2004, 05:21   #2 (permalink)
known as tibbo

Re: removal of glovebox side of EF dash

another Taxi man.. sweet...for shits and giggles i flashed up an old EL that i had lying around.. all 675 000 kays of LPG goodness..
http://www.burgdesign.com.au used to carry the EF/EL dials, i think it was only for the high series clusters though
Can't help you with the dash but why not mask it up and hit it inside the car?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg interior.jpg (103.0 KB, 29 views)
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 15:39   #3 (permalink)

I am thinking that I will mask up the bottom part, but I was trying to get at the a/c clusters, I was thinking of painting them, but it looks like it could be too big a job.

Yous looks sweet there RaceCraft, I never thought of removing those middle black door thingies, but it looks great without. My old girl had done 430k with current motor at just on 100k. I am getting the front bonnet and bumber resprayed for $250 till I decide if i will go an entire respray or not.

I had an EL GT go past yesterday and I really love thee front bumper. I wonder how much it would cost to get a body kit? Guess I can but dream for now.
madcabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 07:00   #4 (permalink)

the dash in the ef/el on the glove box side is moulded in one piece .(bottom only)(this includes the centre of the dash)to paint or modify in any way you would have to take dash out completely .I know ive done plenty of them myself the mounting points are very similar to ea/b/d I hope this helps If you need further help contact me at bagt@iprimus.com.au john
bagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU