Removing the dash - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2002, 17:14   #1 (permalink)

Removing the dash

Ok now i have done this once before, but i got a little angry and ended up removing it in a few pieces (was wrecked neway) with my persuasion sitck.

This is what i have done so far so any tips would be good, removed the center console, and all visible screws around the deck and glove box. Removed the bolt under passenger side footwell, then the panel near the windsreen and all the screws along the top. Also all cluster and surround bits are gone. It seems bolted down on the drivers side, i removed what i could see, but then though if i remove the bracket holding up the steering colum i might be able to do what i have to do. But what should come next. any help would be good thanx guys

Btw this was meant to be in Technical :)
madEAs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2002, 23:27   #2 (permalink)

You need to remove the 5 bolts(or screws) on top, then the 2 bolts on either side near the footwells, then there are also 2 more underneath just where the centre console slips in.

You need to remove the steering wheel and plastic trim then undo nuts ( or bolts) holding up column and lower to the floor.
Also have to lower parkbrake to floor aswell by undoing the bolts holding it up.

Remove glove box and its surround completely. Should also remove stereo ( remember pin) and all the plastic trim around it.
image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 23:57   #3 (permalink)
-

apparently you shouldnt drop the steering column lower than the drivers seat, as its supposed to damage the uni joint in it. just a thought...
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 02:17   #4 (permalink)
WHAT THE?

there is also an earth strap in the middle of the dash just under the panel that sits under the windscreen. You'll have to remove that too...it's a bit hard to see.

You also have to disconnect the heater cable behind the glove box.
SPHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU