Ford Forums banner

Removing Front indicators & Tailights

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SiX_iN_a_RoW 
#1 ·
Are there any tricks to it?
Do you have to remove the Headlight before you can take the front indicators off? Any funny tricks getting the wires off etc?
Just had a quick look under the bonnet and guard of the EA I am borrowing and i couldnt see the mounting screws for the Indicators...I dont exactly want to go pulling things apart on a car that isnt mine soIf someone could explain how to do it thatd be great

#2 ·
Well to remove front indicators, you have got to take out the headlight. The headlight is held on by 4 8mm bolts, 2 on the front 1 on the back and one in front of the radiator behind the light.

When you take them out, pull out the plugs/bulbs and then pull out the headlight. Turn her upside down and you will see three philips type screws holding the indicator assembly to the headlight. Take them out and hey presto.

Obviously, putting it back in is the reverse of all of that.

For the rear lights, well, I have never needed to pull them out so just experiment dude! or I am sure someone else can help you.

Sundeep

#3 ·
XmFoRdFaLcOn, Sundeep,

I've just replaced both rears on my EB. remove the side cover (over the jack), and then the covers over the taillights themselves, but watch those "ratchety" trim plugs.

Then its just a case of removing the light holders and 4 nuts on either side. A light tap should get them out, but if the car has a lot of dust and gunk around, close the boot and wet the seals around the lights, this will loosen the dirt etc.

#4 ·
ok thanks for the reply guys,
Im heading to Brissy this weekend ( where car in kept for now ) and am on a very tight schedule...cant afford to be stuffing about trying to pull the lights out!
Thanks again should make my day just that little easier

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.