Ford Forums banner

reverse lights

7K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  CHONXF 
#1 ·
hi all,
i've recently had my xf converted to manual and all is going well except currently my reverse lights are permanently on! well, when the car is on anyway. any idea on what it could be and how to fix it would be great. i'm guessing a dodgy switch or something.
thanks.

Paul.

#3 · (Edited)
mate i wouldn't have a clue whether the plugs are the same in the auto and manual, i just paid someone else to do everything. the lights actually worked properly for a while today but they are buggered again now. hey, at least they are on when i'm in reverse!

#5 ·
don't mind at all, cost me $600 all up. it's a 4 speed single rail actually out of an XE, but apart from the 1st gear ratio being a bit lower, there really isn't much difference between that and the XF. still takes off heaps quicker than the auto. i'm stoked with it.

#8 ·
it was actually $600, but i still thought that was a pretty good price. i'm gettin a service today and they said they'd have a look at the switch so hopefully the problem will be fixed today. i had a look at your car too YellowXF, it looks very nice and clean. will be sweet when you get those mods done.

#9 ·
There is no neutral saftey switch in manuals!!...

It will be the selector switch that engages reverse gear. It needs adjusting. It happens in heaps of Gemini's that are getting around. Check to see if the reverse switch is hooked up correctly...should only be 2 wires going to it.

ViGiLaNtE

#10 ·
didn't think it had a neautral safety switch either, figured it would be some kinda switch though. this may sound like a dumb question, but where exactly is the switch?

#11 ·
CHONXF said:
it was actually $600, but i still thought that was a pretty good price. i'm gettin a service today and they said they'd have a look at the switch so hopefully the problem will be fixed today. i had a look at your car too YellowXF, it looks very nice and clean. will be sweet when you get those mods done.
Oopps, forgot the other 0 :doh:
anyway, thanx dude for the nice comments bout the car. always appreciated. Didnt know that they didnt use a neutral safety switch but it makes sense. :wnc:

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.