Rocket Lights

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  LoverBoy 
#1 ·
Were can i find out about putting rocket lights on my EA
Like prices on the lights , installation and who sells them

Thanks.

#4 ·
Re: rocket lights

Ahh the Lexus IS200 style. Yeah I've seen heaps of cars with them lately - mostly Preludes and stuff. I agree that they might clash with the style and image of a Falcon though. The same money could be better spent elsewhere...

#7 ·
Re: FOOLS

So you mean the XR headlights???

I've put them on my EA... they bolt straight on (except you have to drill 2 holes for the top bolts on the plastic cover). Also, you'll need to remove the ford badge from your bonnet (to prevent having 2 of them).

They cost just under $1400 brand new from ford, or you can usually find some for around $700-$800 second hand. and, of course, you'll have to paint them to match your car...

#10 ·
Mods

I havent done nothing but if i am going to keep car for a while i would get.

Power Chip (Cheap Power)
2-1/2" inch Exhaust with Pacemaker Extractors. (Needed for power chip to operate at maximun gain.)
5 Speed Manual Transmission. (to handle all those KW's)
Get A Reco Head of a EB4.0 or ED ED XR6.(to handle More Mods plus a port and polish)
9-Inch Diff (I gotta get one)
New piston rings and piston heads.
EB GT Rims with 235 rubber.
Get a Lumpy, Mild Cam.
Get my Bloody Engine bay cleaned.(Hey! it wont make the car go faster but less dirt means less weight.)

i worked out a while ago that i would need around 5,000 to 6,000 Grand. Thats with out Rocket Lights, Respray plus all bumpers and side protectors color coded and a body kit.

Bloody Hell why does doing up a car cost so much.

I must say and car would look good after that.

#13 ·
Mods

Mate You are of course entiltled to your opinion but i think the rocket lights look good on a EA. Any way i could do both at the same time. As well as performing good the car has to look good. You see all these old XD and XE fords with 351 V8's that have been heavily moded but the car looks like it will fall apart at anytime.
Any a car can only go up to 110km/h In victoria so why mod your car when you can make it look good first.

And I ain't being a rice boy either.

#14 ·
Re: Mods

jbolger, you are entitled to your opinion, and i agree with you in principle - trying to make a car into something that it's not is simply stupid. But putting XR6 headlights onto my EA does not mean i'm trying to make it into an XR. I think the headlights look good - it's as simple as that. You've told me in the past how much you like the look of EF XR8 wheels (like the ones on my car)... it's exactly the same thing - the wheels look nice and suit the car. Nobody is about to mistake it for an EF XR8. Also, what about putting on EB/ED C-pillars, or colour-coded door handles??? This is essentially the same thing. If everyone only modified their EA's using other EA parts, it would be very boring indeed.

EA90, I paid $700 for my headlights (i bought them from vnsv, in the for sales section of this page), I painted and prepared them myself, so i'm not exactly sure how much it would cost.
As for my car, it's in the 'other eas' section (white ea s-pack, mpi, 5spd) that photo's pretty outdated, since then i've upgraded the stereo, added the xr headlights, rebuilt the engine (with a fair few performance goodies!), and heaps of little insignificant things that aren't worth mentioning... next on the list is some brake and suspension work...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.