small electrical issue - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2003, 03:39   #1 (permalink)
Ex Member

small electrical issue

My nf2 fairlane has presented me with an interesting issue i only noticed today.

Well, as everyone knows, the power windows/seats remain usable for upto 45seconds after the ignition is cut.

Now I'm having usuable power windows/seats for like 5 minutes instead!

Is this a tell tale warning sign that my body control module is starting to pack it in?
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2003, 06:42   #2 (permalink)

I thought that the eletrics remained enables for 60 secs after the ignition is turned off, and a door is opened.

But if you leave the door closed, the electrics will work work for 60 mins after you turn the engine off.

Might this be the case.
ARM79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 07:35   #3 (permalink)
Ex Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ARM79
I thought that the eletrics remained enables for 60 secs after the ignition is turned off, and a door is opened.

But if you leave the door closed, the electrics will work work for 60 mins after you turn the engine off.

Might this be the case.
Its not that smart, it was allways 45 seconds either way.. But id be interested to know if its meant to be this way?
Old 02-09-2003, 08:19   #4 (permalink)

my cars the same. Its only an el futura, but the power windows work for 1hr when ignition turned off, or 45 secs when the door is opened.
Old 02-09-2003, 14:33   #5 (permalink)

No, they are that smart.

Before I posted the reply I checked my glovebox manual and the ford factory service manual, and it states the 1 hour on time if no door is opened.

But I stand corrected on the 60 secs. It is only 45 secs after you open a door.

Could this 1 hour ontime be what is happening to you.

Or maybe the switches in the doors have failed and not telling the BEM that a door is open. I couldnt see that if your BEM has died, it not affecting other things.

Adrian.
ARM79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 07:36   #6 (permalink)
Ex Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ARM79
No, they are that smart.

Before I posted the reply I checked my glovebox manual and the ford factory service manual, and it states the 1 hour on time if no door is opened.

But I stand corrected on the 60 secs. It is only 45 secs after you open a door.

Could this 1 hour ontime be what is happening to you.

Or maybe the switches in the doors have failed and not telling the BEM that a door is open. I couldnt see that if your BEM has died, it not affecting other things.

Adrian.
something is wrong, because its working for about 15 minutes now even if the doors been opened. And the door switches are working as i can see the car diagram on the dash showing which door is opened also all the lights come on. Very strange.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU