Smart Lock on mid sereis Dash? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2004, 04:00   #1 (permalink)
GUN.40L

Smart Lock on mid sereis Dash?

hey fellas, i bought a mid sereis instrument cluster and a trip computer today out of an eb fairmont to fit in my 93 eb falcon from the wreckers for $50 for both! it was VERY cheap considering i got quoted $150 for the cluster alone up here in penrith! anyways my point is i dont think the car i got it out has smart lock. its a 92 model fairmont wagon, the buttons on the trip computer are black suggesting its a series two and the car has abs but i coudlnt quite see the "sart lock" light through the dash or even the light bulb. do i have the right one? is the "smart lock" light in the mid sereis dash located else where to that of the gl one? also if i do have one with out the smart lock is one of the pins in the back of my dash to make it flash? (if so ill just hook up a normal l.e.d in the centre of the dash near the dimister button to this pin and get it working like that) AND if not, and i cant get the smart lock to light up will this affect the car in any way other then that it just doesnt light up on the dash?? sorry for all the questions guys! im hoping to install it tomorrow so any help will be great thanks!
BOSXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2004, 12:22   #2 (permalink)
TQE FAIRMONT GHIA

Re: Smart Lock on mid sereis Dash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSXR8
hey fellas, i bought a mid sereis instrument cluster and a trip computer today out of an eb fairmont to fit in my 93 eb falcon from the wreckers for $50 for both! it was VERY cheap considering i got quoted $150 for the cluster alone up here in penrith! anyways my point is i dont think the car i got it out has smart lock. its a 92 model fairmont wagon, the buttons on the trip computer are black suggesting its a series two and the car has abs but i coudlnt quite see the "sart lock" light through the dash or even the light bulb. do i have the right one? is the "smart lock" light in the mid sereis dash located else where to that of the gl one? also if i do have one with out the smart lock is one of the pins in the back of my dash to make it flash? (if so ill just hook up a normal l.e.d in the centre of the dash near the dimister button to this pin and get it working like that) AND if not, and i cant get the smart lock to light up will this affect the car in any way other then that it just doesnt light up on the dash?? sorry for all the questions guys! im hoping to install it tomorrow so any help will be great thanks!
the smartlock light should be at the very bottom of the cluster on the far left. on the back there will be two pins that the plug will hook on too. It wont affect the smartlock except obviously the light wont flash when its armed
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU