Trailer Wiring on EB2 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2002, 17:35   #1 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Trailer Wiring on EB2

My EB2 wagon started suffering with that fast flashing indicator problem. I checked all the globes etc and they were working fine. What I found was when I moved the trailer connector around the problem was fixed. Eventually I rewired it but alas now it's a permanent problem.

On close inspection I found that the old connector plug had a trace earth connection to the indicator pins when the flap was closed. So, after blowing many fuses I found that a very thin wire connected in the right way solves the problem. That worked for a while until I had a small electrical fire :oo1:

Now, I can't get it to work properly and am driving around with the trailer harness removed completely. However, both indicators still flash way too fast. Ford spares will take two days to get a new trailer harness P/N ED13K447B $65, IF it's available.

Is there a quick fix? Is the flasher can specially set up or something? I thought that by removing the trailer wiring altogether and hooking upo the standard harnesses all should work A1.

(AP is confoosed!)

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2002, 21:34   #2 (permalink)

Okay, without anyone else's help (sigh) AP has figured it out. Ford runs a 4 pin flasher can, so you go and buy a standard three pin flasher and fit it. Bingo. No more problems.

Too easy!

'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

Old 10-10-2002, 00:26   #3 (permalink)

A cheap fix for a change! Don't you love it when it's something simple like that?!

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 06:38   #4 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

biggrin

AP sounds like the 4 pin flasher can should be an optional part for my XR fast blinker flashing = fast but legal lane changes. ROFL Sorry couldn't help myself. :MUha:

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 00:22   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Falchoon
A cheap fix for a change! Don't you love it when it's something simple like that?!
Yeah. AFTER (:oo1: :oo1: :dead: ) I pulled the back of the car apart again and redid the wiring for no gain. It was only then that I went for the eventual fix.

Cars are simple - should try airplanes, nothing surprises AP anymore!

Old 10-12-2002, 02:27   #6 (permalink)

At least there wasn't any scotch locks in the system eh AP? Try fitting towbar wiring to a current Merc with all the crap they have!
Old 10-13-2002, 22:36   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by FTEfan
At least there wasn't any scotch locks in the system eh AP? Try fitting towbar wiring to a current Merc with all the crap they have!
Or the bulb warning system on Volvos!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU