Ford Forums banner

Trip Computer installation

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Kieron 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how much work is involved putting the trip computer that the EL fairmonts had... into an EL XR8...???
I was told i can get a kit with all the parts for about $280.... but the guy couldnt tell me if it was as easy as just putting it in...

#3 ·
Trip computer installation is fun :)

I honestly think you dont need the kit, if you are prepared to crack open that dash.......... (which you probably need to anyway with the kit)

Go to a ford wreaker and pick one up cheap, I paid 70 dollars for mine, and it was worth every cent :)

#5 ·
The plugs for the trip computer is already there, as the guys just mentioned you just need to add one wire from your cluster to your trip computer.

Ring around a few wreckers, your bound to find a cheap trip computer fairly easy..

If having a bit of problems finding one throw me a email..

#6 ·
Futura97 said:
Mate.... I payed $88 for a trip computer, $5 for some plug connectors, and $2 for some extra wiring, and after looking at mattis website ( www.fordmods.tk ) I had it installed in about 30-45mins.

I have a thread on here i started, just have a look for it... should answer all your questions.
Same here (btw - thanks for the info from a few weeks ago) $88 brand new and Tonys wreckers still has them, they purchased a bunch of bits from Houghton Ford when they went down the tubes.

Hardest bit was crimping the wires into the pins.

Kieron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.