Originally posted by StarkEA
Hi Im doing the same as u six-in-a-row, apart from I have know idea where to start.
So could u or n e 1 else tell me exactly how to do this conversion??
First of all, do you know how to remove the instrument cluster? If so, then all you need to do is what SiX_iN_a_RoW said.
If not, then;
1. you need to unscrew the two little panels each side of the steering column which have things like boot release and fuel flap release etc. Take these off.
2. With those removed, look inside and just above to see another screw on each side. Remove these screws.
3. Above the dials and gauges in the cluster you will see 3 screws holding the black cluster surround in place. Remove all 3 screws and the surround should just come out, provided that you followed step 2.
4. Now you will see 4 screws holding the cluster in place, 2 on the top and 2 at the bottom, remove all of these and the cluster will become loose.
5. Unplug the loom from the back and the cluster will just pull out. Once the cluster is out, just wire up the tacho (see the first post by SiX_iN_a_RoW), replace the oil pressure sender and if you can be bothered wire up the coolant sensor (I haven't done this yet so I can't give specific details).
Installation is a reversal of this procedure.