What colour? Interior door handles.. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2002, 08:34   #1 (permalink)
Brent79

What colour? Interior door handles..

Hey boyz, those of you with EA ghia's will know that the horrible dark grey door handles dont match the light grey velour!!! was wondering if anyone has painted them a different colour? if so, what colour would look good?!?! Im thinking a lighter grey like in the EB2+ Has anyone had their velour professionally cleaned? or is it supposed to look dirty?

Brent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2002, 09:12   #2 (permalink)
The Goodz

No the velour isn't supposed to look dirty, but it does get like that after a while, especially on the doors where your arms sit, etc. To clean the doors I used that Kitten car upholstery cleaner, it's a spray on foam that you leave for about 30 secs, then wipe off. Or for stubborn stains and the like, you can use the brush on the lid of the can. I also used this on the center console. Works well, looks a LOT cleaner. The seats I just used one of those Britex steam cleaning machines you get from Safeway and that, works nicely, but ask for the upholstery cleaning wand or whatever it's called because I forgot and had to use the enormous carpet cleaning one... Not easy.

I was thinking of doing the door handles in that light colour like in the EB2+... But I'm not sure what colour it actually is, and where to find it. I think it's something like light graphite? Or so I read somewhere. I think it was SPHELL who painted his interior door handles black, but then again he hasn't got velour.

Alex
Old 04-20-2002, 09:46   #3 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Well personally, I'd rather spend a few dollars extra and get EB2 Ghia handles from a wrecker rather than painting mine - which I might do some day.

As for the door trims, mine are faded and I am intending to replace them. Not very soon because I have to stop spending on my car for a while - but I'm thinking of going for something different next time - possibly even EF ones if they don't look out of place.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 11:58   #4 (permalink)
The Goodz

EF door trims? Will they even fit? And I don't think they'll match, the colours and all are different to the EA dash... But it'd be interesting to say the least!

Alex
Old 04-20-2002, 13:37   #5 (permalink)
Brent79

would be nice if ya could get chrome handles on the EA-ED like the fairmont ghia's on the EL's

Brent
Old 04-20-2002, 17:28   #6 (permalink)
major woodchip

ef/el ones fit...need to drill one 6mm hole (i can't remember exact size)
the fabric section is only held on by 3 large staples/cotter pins....the fabric itself is only spray adhesive to some foam then to a plastic backing plate...

it comes apart easy as pie ...i've done the front door only for now .....with some exact fabric (wreckers always have bent/broken odd seats for next to nothing) mine cost me $10.

the fabric itself is ez to reaply ...cut it about an inch bigger than the plastic backing ...lay it flat then spray the glue on . set it the backing onto it..(without wrinkles . the fabric is quite course so ez...)

apply some weight and presto! when its dry gather the excess and roll it over taut and super glue it to the backside....i only used super glue cause i was getting impatient..

EF fabric matched (with the factory foam backs intact)... if only i had a digital camera

Looks sweet to those that know the diff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU