Ford Forums banner

what instrument cluster will fit in an EA?

5K views 33 replies 12 participants last post by  santoitaliano 
#1 ·
:bsr: apart from the various EA clusters...

which clusters will fit into an ea s pak... without changing any of the surrounding dash... the main reason being that i need to put a cluster in which doesnt have the text printed on with an orange filter, so that my blue LED mod will work...

I have seen the white face gauges, which light up green, but will they light up blue with the blue LEDs?

I have also read that the XG clusters had white filters, hence the blue will show through....

or what about changing it to an EF cluster?

i really dont know what any cluster apart from the EA s pak cluster looks like.. so any help would be greatly appreciated... even if i could get a XG cluster from a wrecker, and just change the text panels over? meaning i would still have the same ODO...

Any ideas to anyone out there?

thanks,

See less See more
#2 ·
im pretty sure the later clusters are digitally controlled, in the EF/L therefore without switching to EEC-V u probably wont be able to use them... they are a different shape anyway IIRC

#3 ·
what about the xg dash? will it fit...

i heard someone here in FF is going to be making new fascia's for the EA's soon.. anyone have any info?

im soo close to givin up and just putting red in to it...

thanks,

#6 ·
or do you think i should just do all my illumination in red? i have blue interior neons tho... hmmmz...... the white gauges are tinted green... do you think the blue would overpower it?
john_xr6... i see you have started the red illumination... have you got any pics of it...

red illumination is like the old ESP's...

thanks

#8 ·
the only reason i went with red is because it was the easiest to do and would look half decent. i might end up pulling it out because during the day i cant see the time on the trip computer. will try and get pics but ive tryed once before and it was too dark and you couldnt see much.

#13 ·
i have ordered the white gauges to replace the black ones.. they have a green filter.. but i think i should be able to sand it off the back and then the blue will shine through.. will let you all know as soon as i get them!

#14 ·
Man I'm lazy! I FINALLY have a few days off in the next few weeks, right after I'm finished at the auctions I'm getting some plastic made up.

XG facias will work apparently, but good luck finding a cluster at the wreckers.

#16 ·
What did you guys use to light it up?

#17 ·
John_xr6 said:
Hey Ned, how is your car doing 1200 RPM when the ignition is off and the other needles have'nt moved????
hahaha, i was waiting for someone to ask me that! simope answer, my tacho needle is stuck kinda, like it wont drop below that mark but works perfectly normal above it! any ideas on wat solvent i cood clean it with? without damaging any of the components inside the mechanism itself?

#19 ·
The ones you can buy straight off the shelf or did you solder some up?

I've got off the shelf blue ones, ain't very bright at all.

#21 ·
Wouldn't know the values off the top of ya head would you?

#23 ·
Time to find them in blue and buy a new soldering iron then!

#25 ·
hmmm still no good with the white facia....

im gonna try making my own led's tomorow when i get them from jaycar.. wish me luck people...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.