window issues on au - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2004, 19:14   #1 (permalink)

window issues on au

Hello all my first post here have been reading forums for ages before even got a ford used to have a turbo soarer, but now got me an xr6 au manual and im loving it. Only got one issue the passenger front window doesnt work. Its a manual turning one but it seems the window slips off the plastic clips the mechanism works fine its just the clips do not hold the window so ti doesnt come down. looks like old owner used glue, i tried alrildite however you spell it did not hold any ideas? thanks
deviant_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2004, 02:52   #2 (permalink)

Smile Re: window issues on au

hey , howz it I work in the auto glass industry and the only product that will work sucessfully is a high viscosity/modualass urathane, reason being because of the preasure of up and down movement. Hope this helps you
loos unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 03:02   #3 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

Re: window issues on au

Quote:
Originally Posted by loos unit
hey , howz it I work in the auto glass industry and the only product that will work sucessfully is a high viscosity/modualass urathane, reason being because of the preasure of up and down movement. Hope this helps you
and where would you get this from and how much? do you glue the glass to the metal bit it sits in? (im talking Xf, dunno if AU is the same)
Old 12-02-2004, 03:18   #4 (permalink)
NOW STARK EA

Re: window issues on au

my dad is having the same trouble with his AU...the front passengers side wondow sticks at the front where the rubber is and forces it outa the plastic clips down bottom, wats the go, tried rubbing vass on the rubbers and using sikaflew on the plastics to keep the window in...he took the handle off the inside and now relies on AC... any help would be kool...
Red_EB_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU