Wiring Problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 21:56 Thread Starter
Wiring Problem

I just got a 94 Crown Vic and the cd player was stolen from it. well the people who stole it cut all the wires and i got a old factory harness from a 92 its all the same colors but not sure if all the right wires are there plus there is a gray cable just destroyed with wires stripped showing is there any way to fix that? can someone please help!!
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 07:04
Re: Wiring Problem

When my radio was stolen out of my 89 Crown Victoria, I just hard-wired a new harness. I traced and removed all the stock wiring and ran my own. 16-18ga speaker wire to each speaker (which were also conveniently replaced at the time), 22ga for the rest. You need a wire running to your ignition switch, one running to your battery, and a ground. I ran 16ga for my ground, but I'm obsessed with making sure things ground properly. If you have a power antenna, there may be a wire for that, too. If not, use the one labelled as the power antenna for your remote, which is what sends your amplifier (if you've installed a stereo) the signal to turn on/off.

Make sense? This way, you also know that all your wires are fresh. I did the same thing in my Jeep.
Sponsored Links

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: