Wow, a really cool brushed aluminum voltmeter... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2004, 07:42   #1 (permalink)

Wow, a really cool brushed aluminum voltmeter...

I was looking for a voltmeter the other day to keep an eye on my battery voltage (battery kept going flat, though recently-replaced alternator seemed OK) and came across a really neat one from a company called Lascar Electronics. They do one with a round metal frame, really stylish and an excellent brushed aluminum finish. It's called EM32-1B-LED and gives a bright red LED indication of battery and alternator voltage (they do an LCD version as well: EM32-1B).

Before using it, I needed to step the voltage down from 12V to 5V to power the module, and I added a few parts to adjust the measurement range. Nothing difficult. But its looks are brilliant. Lascar have designed it in such a way that you only have to make a single round hole to mount it in, and they've thrown in a rubber sealing gasket too!

I suppose I could also measure my battery charge and discharge current with it, just to keep an eye on the battery and the alternator in future.

For a cool 30 quid, this is a brilliantly designed meter, much better than the black ones that you so often see. Just hope my battery problems go away.
waterford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU