Ford Forums banner

XD dash compatibility

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Trav 351 
#1 ·
As the title says, which other complete dashboards assembles fit into an XD Falcon? XE-XF probably most definatly. Any others without too much modification?

Cheers.
Trav.

#2 ·
Any other dash will need to be cut and shut to make it fit, as well as sorting out the nightmare of brackets, heater/aircon ducting and wiring. I guess it's personal choice, but I quite like the XD dash! An XF dash will fit, but ther box and wiring is different. XE dash looks pretty much the same anyway....

Having said that, anything is possible with a lot of work! Seen an XD dash in an XY, and it was really well done.

#4 ·
Trav, it is possible but probably just as cheap (and a heap easier!) to get a whole speedo from another dash. Should have the Cambelltown swap meet about this time over there hey? ;-)

As an aside, a mate of mine worked at a Ford dealership in the early 80's. A lot of XD's came in with dash squeaks and the dealer-recommended procedure to stop it was to spray WD40 up behind it! Dodgy or what?

#5 ·
XWish Ute said:
Trav, it is possible but probably just as cheap (and a heap easier!) to get a whole speedo from another dash. Should have the Cambelltown swap meet about this time over there hey? ;-)

As an aside, a mate of mine worked at a Ford dealership in the early 80's. A lot of XD's came in with dash squeaks and the dealer-recommended procedure to stop it was to spray WD40 up behind it! Dodgy or what?
Cambelltown Swap Meet. I'll look into it.
I've done work experience at a Ford dealer here in Adelaide.
I've seen some dodgy stuff.
Had a good time there tho.

Trav.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.