XF dash help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2003, 23:42   #1 (permalink)
XF boi

XF dash help

Guys,
On the subject of dash consoles... I just bought a S pack console today (tacho, speedo, oil pressure/fuel, temp/amps and clock. I plugged it all in to my XF GL and started the car. The tacho and speedo work, but the clock and the other two instruments don't work. Is there any way to make them work? Also, if I got a Fairmont Ghia dash console with the digital speedo and bar tacho etc, and digital instruments, would it work in the standard GL? Thanks in advance,
Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2003, 02:28   #2 (permalink)
mmm..Vee 8

Re: XF dash help

So none of the fuel/temp/oil/volts gauges and clock light up??

have you pressed the aux. gauge button to see if they change?

Check the connections to make sure they are tight...

The S Pak and Ghia clusters are a straight swap to the GL...i have a Ghia cluster running in my S Pak...although for the oil gauge to work properly the sender on the engine block has to be changed to the variable type...otherwise the oil gauge either reads extremly high or extremly low...

also the S Pak clusters on the XF era are very unreliable with the digital guages...mine played up all the time...incorrect readings...blanking out...you could have a faulty cluster

Extreme

5/1994 ED Futura Classic 5.0 in Polyneisan Green - One of the last ever built
Extreme_2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 12:50   #3 (permalink)
XF boi

Well, I removed the dash, plugged in the S pack cluster and started. I couldn't see any light coming from the other guages. But I didn't entirely put back together, I put the GL clustewr back in. I think this coming week end i will completely change it over, and see if it lights up during the night, as I did this during a bright sunny day and may have hidden the litten up gauges. I will also try that aux switch too, i didn't try it before.
I'd love to get a Fairmont Ghia dash for it, i just wanna make sure it works though. Oil pressure doesn't bother me, as long i have temp and fuel levels.
-N
Old 11-10-2003, 00:32   #4 (permalink)
XF boi

Well its installed. The guages and clock are officially dead. Only the speedo and tacho work. There is a swapmeet in Bendigo (Vic) this weekend. I'm going up to see if I can get another cluster from an S or even a Ghia to see if they work. Those digital speedo's are cool!
Old 11-18-2003, 01:00   #5 (permalink)

Does your GL have air con? If it doesn't it will have the "low" series wiring loom and this is possibly why your "high" series panel doesn't work. The cars with air con had the "mid" series wiring loom and the panels will all work with this loom. There are three different looms.
EVLfour.oneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 15:41   #6 (permalink)
XF boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVLfour.oneL
Does your GL have air con? If it doesn't it will have the "low" series wiring loom and this is possibly why your "high" series panel doesn't work. The cars with air con had the "mid" series wiring loom and the panels will all work with this loom. There are three different looms.
My GL does have air con. Note, the speedo and tacho work, but the gauges for temp/volts and fuel/pressure don't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU