XF Electric Windows - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2004, 01:26   #1 (permalink)
Not a Joe Lunchpail

XF Electric Windows

My 88' XF Ghia R/R window wasn't working at all - so I pulled the regulator assembly out & found the motor full to the brim with rusty water (BAD design - so I drilled a drain hole in it). I got the motor working fine again. However during the disassembly I ended up not seeing where a ball bearing came from - so I had it left over - Doh!.

Now the shaft that carries the armature and has the worm gear at the end of it has a ball bearing at one end (not the end closest to the worm). Does anyone know if the other ball bearing goes at the end by the worm?

What's happening is this - lowering the window is fine - but trying to raise it results in the worm deflecting off the nylon gear & skipping - so no glass progress upwards! The nylon gear is fine BTW.

It's almos as if something is missing - but all I have left is a single ball bearing.

Thanks in advance.
yeah right is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2004, 03:41   #2 (permalink)
heard it before!

Re: XF Electric Windows

in my old XE ESP with leccy window i changed the right rear motor assy (with second hand ones of course from other doors)many times now i don't like em.
the problem i had was also due to water stuufing the motor
but gad problems with the 3 plastic rollers inside the assy disintergrating, best solution to the problem will make most cry but i filled the space where they came from with fibreglass bog. works a treat lasted at least the 3 years i had the car on drivers door. i cant remember pulling the thing down and seeing a ball bearing though so maybe no help with your problem. easier to just get another assy.
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU