XF ghia dash speedo wont work in XF Falcon - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2003, 21:20   #1 (permalink)
rodzxf

XF ghia dash speedo wont work in XF Falcon

I have just brought an XF Ghia dash and installed it into my normal XF Falcon. I installed it and it works but the speedo wont show how fast I am doing nor the Trip or ODO meter work either. But everything else seems to work like a charm. Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Do I need a new sensor or something that my falcon isn't familiar with to show the speed on my speedo? I do know that I have to get an oil sensor of some sought as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2003, 00:57   #2 (permalink)
V8 XW Ute/APV Kitted EBII

Speedo should hook up with the two plugs at the bottom of the dash. Mine worked with no problem. Did u buy it from a wrecker?
Im assuming your old speedo worked fine?..
Check your speedo cable coming from the gearbox to the connector that runs up to ur dash. You dont need any sensors, just the oil sender to replace the oil switch, as you said.

ViGiLaNtE
Old 06-09-2003, 01:11   #3 (permalink)
rodzxf

thank you for your reply, i had a feeling that might of been the case as everything was working fine just that the speedo wasnt telling me the speed i was doing, and also the odo and trip meter. i'm gonna give it another try over the week and hope it'll work if not i will have to take it back and get another Falcon dash.

i did buy the dash from a local wreckers and they said it should work fine. and my old speedo works fine its the normal XF dash or what you also like to call it "cluster"
Old 06-09-2003, 01:25   #4 (permalink)

Yeah thats it....if its not working it should be displaying zero, and the odo should be just showing what it has done over time. If they arent illuminating at all then its definately faulty.

Take it back and get anothery. How much did u pay for it? When I bought mine 6 years ago I paid nearly $250.

ViGiLaNtE
Old 06-09-2003, 02:22   #5 (permalink)
rodzxf

actually i had just tried what you had said and it is still doing the same thing but thank you anyway cause no one has helped me yet besides you, to be specific:

i brought the dash "cluster" today at a wreckers when i put it in the speedo meter read 0, odo meter read 0 and trip meter read 0 they all read 0 but the other thing when i actually turned it on for the first time it said
Error7 did you get the same reading when you installed yours? or do you know anywhere where i can find out what that error7 means

i paid $110 for it
Old 06-09-2003, 02:53   #6 (permalink)
mmm..Vee 8

These clusters have an automatic self test feature built in (ie when it first powers up normally you see all the guages flash, and the speedo reads 188 along with all 8's in the odo and trip meter).
Err7 would indicate that something has failed during the self test of the cluster. Does your cluster flash when its first powered up?? If not it could be faulty, and it shouldnt read 0 for the odometer...that should be an accumulative reading from when it left the factory.

Extreme

5/1994 ED Futura Classic 5.0 in Polyneisan Green - One of the last ever built
Extreme_2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 21:56   #7 (permalink)

Something is wrong with it yes. It does flash on/off up when you turn the key to acc. The odometer should be reading a few 100,000ks at least, not zero. Take it back and get the other one. Error 7 would be prolly for a sendor thats not connected or an internal fault. You got it for a good price tho.

ViGiLaNtE
Old 06-12-2003, 01:29   #8 (permalink)

what do the ghia clusters look like?

what meters have they got?
OverDose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 07:01   #9 (permalink)
mmm..Vee 8

i took a photo of mine...its sorta side on tho:

http://users.bigpond.net.au/extreme_...s/dcp_0016.jpg

It has Oil, Volts, Temp and Fuel Gauges/Speedo in Digital/RPM/Trip and Odo Readings, plus a Digital Display Dim/Bright Feature for use with the park lights.

Extreme

5/1994 ED Futura Classic 5.0 in Polyneisan Green - One of the last ever built
Extreme_2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 00:39   #10 (permalink)
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO

Re: XF ghia dash speedo wont work in XF Falcon

hey is there anyone out there that can help me with my clock problem. its the ghia dash so the clock is in the trip computer but it sometimes fades out or doesn't show up but it even resets itself sometimes i thought it might be some kind of wirering problem so can anyone help me with my problem
blueovalxfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU