Ford Forums banner

xf Sport steering wheel

5K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Genebaby 
#1 ·
Ok i own a xf falcon and i want to change the stock steering wheel to a sport one. Can anyone tell me what i need to know to do this like what kind of connection the stock wheel use's and if i need or can get some kind of convertor to use diffirent types of wheels. wheel brands, names and info like that would be handy aswell thanx.

#2 ·
Buy the sports steering wheel and a boss kit(what you call a converter) to suit XF falcon.

Momo, Saas, autotechnica (or however you spell it), formuling... they are available to suit your needs. Try your local auto parts shop for ideas.

#4 ·
The XF steering wheels is about as big as they come. That and they are as far as from a circle too. Law (in SA) states that a sports steering can only be XXmm smaller in diameter to the standard steering wheel. Because the XF steering wheel is oval shaped you can get 2 different measurements. basically top to bottom, or side to side. I don't know which one the cops prefer, BUT they are very picky on sports steering wheels in SA... That's why I havn't got one... yet.

#5 ·
i have a 12.8" MOMO Race steering wheel on my XF. i think the smallest wheel that is legally allowed in Vic is 14". i originally bought my wheel for my Mini (it didn't look small in that) and then when i got my xf i put it in that - i love driving with it - makes the steering feel really light and its easier to hold for long trips.

#7 ·
the steering is much better with my autotechnica..... and its really comfrtable, steering feels more direct?

#10 · (Edited)
I have 14" leather Autotechnica on my XG - far better feel that the standard wheel. Only down side is it blocks the top of the speedo

#11 ·
leonbray said:
I have 14" leather Autotechnica on my XG - far better feel that the standard wheel. Only down side is it blocks the top of the speedo
Yes, my autotechnica wheel used to block my speedo too. I put both wheels as low as they could go but the smaller one blocked the speedo. I got used to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.