Ford Forums banner

XW/XY/ZC/ZD Dash Plastics

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  XW boy 
#1 ·
Ok, so i have a zc fairlane that i am pulling bits and pieces off for my xw, and i want all of the black interior to go into my car, so i have all of it that i want except for these plastic trims that go around the dash insert, there are 2 side pieces and one that goes underneath the steering column, heres a rough picture to get an idea

Anyway, they are plastic, and they have plastic threads with little metal bolt type things holding them on, i have allready tried to get one off (and broken it), so i was wondering if anyone knew how to get them off without snapping the plastic thread????? Your help would be much apreciated,

Cheers XW Boy

See less See more
#5 ·
Yer thanks fellas, i knew that they were threaded onto the plastic, only problem is the plastic is like 35 years old, so they dont really like to screw right off. Just pulled them all off, by snaping them (the threads), ill have to get a plastic welder to fix them or find others but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, anyway thanks again, now i think its time for a drink, bloody old fairlane has spiders or bull ants or somthin in it, cos my leg is bitten and killen me, anyway, thanks for the help.

Cheers XW Boy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.